Chapter 12: Capture the flag

Darlene
---------------

After falling asleep at campfire, then apparently being carried back to my cabin by Xavier and getting woke up because my head hit the bunk bed. I did something stupid and idiotic even though he did it first, I don't know why I did it. My heart did a freaking flip when he kissed my forehead, and then did another when I kissed his forehead. Did he like me? Or an even better question did I like him?

How could I, I only knew him for one day!? Although I knew this I felt like I knew him longer, back to the story thing after that I passed out falling asleep into a horrid nightmare. I was in a room not being able to be seen, like Harry Potter under his invisibility cloak. There were 6 chairs in a wide circle only 5 ft in between each chair. That's when the monster that had attacked me came in with a girl.

She was African American, she had beautiful skin that made her eyes look just that much better. Her eyes were beautiful, he thick, curly hair was bake in a ponytail. She wore A purple shirt that read SPQR, it had leaves things around it (I have no clue what there called and don't care) she had jean shorts and converses on. She was struggling to get out of there grasp but with no success.

She was shoved into one of the chairs and tied down, helpless she sat there. Another one followed with 3 children, one looked like he was in grade 6, one of the girls in grade 1 and the last in 2. The monster tied them to chairs in the shadows. Not give me enough time to get descriptions.

"Who are there parents?" One creature asked the girl.

She answered "Marcus is a son of Hermes, Valarie a daughter of Ares and, Allie is a daughter of Iris." She finished almost on the verge of tears.

"Dammit!" It yelled and left leaving them alone in the dark. I woke up to Nico shaking me saying my name over and over.

"Darlene.... Darlene....Darlene.. Oh good your awake, now we go to dinner" he said and helped me up and dragged me towards the door. Dam he was strong.

"I'm not hungry, I just want to go kinda die over there if that's okay?" I said pointed towards my bed. He laughed and kept dragging me towards the pavilion.

"You need to eat, were playing Capture the flag tonight and Percy wanted to teach you some sword fighting skills, also Xavier is freaking out and if your not at dinner he's probably gonna have a panic attack, and me and Will are dating." He replied to my statement, I looked at him his face bright red.

"What was that last thing?" I asked excitedly for him and his existing love life.

"MeandWillaredating" he said fast but lucky for me I understand fast talk. I spent the whole time to the pavilion fangirling like I would a fictional characters.

I willingly walked over and sat with Percy at the Poseidon table. I grabbed a slice of pizza and sat down and ate. Percy reminded me of his mini private sword fighting class after dinner.

Xavier looked relived and ate his food chatting with his brother and sisters. Nico sat alone as usual, I felt bad for him. I just ate my dinner and relaxed for the time I had until it was time to fight..... For a flag.

* * *

At sword fighting I was a natural, Percy was quite proud of his teaching skills, his girlfriend Annabeth just sat there watching as he tried explaining what to do.

"Why can't I stab you?" I asked confused on the point of how to win.

"Because it would hurt!" He yelled playfully, Annabeth couldn't help but laugh.

" But if I was being attacked by a evil thingy I would stab it as soon as possible and not worry about proper hand placement. Or about technique, I would jab it. " I said still confused.

"Yes but its not that easy you know" be said I crossed my arms.

"Whatever," I said and we kept practicing. By the time it was time for capture the flag, we had covered the basics of sword fighting. There were two teams I was on red and Xavier was on blue. I sorta wanted to talk to him, being told what to do I ran to my area and got ready to fight. As soon as it started someone was ready there, he was taller, stronger, faster, and probably stronger.

If I was correct he was a son of Apollo, Daniel I believe is name was. He had a bow and arrow I stood there ready to fight, I don't know how with him having his weapon that was not a sword but I would wing it. The whole game went well, we had won with Percy getting the flag in the end. I meet up with Xavier and he hugged me, I prayed that he wouldn't bring up last night and he didn't. We walked until into a clearing and that's when my night was ruined.

A/N I am very much aware that this chapter sucks good bye.