The new girl

JAZMINES POV

Me and Huey have been dating for about three months now and I couldn't be happier. I feel so safe and secure with him. No one dares come in between us. We'll both check a bitch if we need to. Omg did I just say that?! I guess I did, hanging around people that curse is starting to rub off on me.

I grow more hood each day. I'm not ghetto and extra like Cindy and Riley but I do know how to fight now and I'm quick to curse. But at least I'm still sweet and some what innocent. I'm just not that much of cry baby anymore it's easier for me to control my emotions.

But anyway I was walking to Huey's house when I saw a big moving truck pull up to the vacant house down the street. Then I saw a car pull up behind the truck and out stepped a couple with what I assumed was their daughter behind them. She looked about my age. She was tall with long wavy hair, like mine but straighter and it seemed more tame able. She was brown skin, just about two shades darker than me. She had really pretty hazel eyes.

After saying something to her parents she started walking over to me. When she reached me she stopped and said, " hi my name is Lyla, I just moved in to that house over there." I smiled and said, " hi I'm Jazmine, I live in that house." I pointed to the house three doors down from hers. We then shook hands and I said, " where did you just move from?". "Malibu California", she said plainly. " well welcome to wood rest". " thanks". " well lyla, I was just about to meet my best friend Cindy at my boyfriends house, do you want to come?" "Sure", she said.

We made small talk while walking across the street and up the steps of the Freeman house. I knocked on the door about five times to then hear Riley say, "I'm coming bitch damn". I blushed with embarrassment and said, "Riley open the damn door already". Lyla chuckled quietly while Riley opened the door. After he opened the door see Lyla and said, " damn Jazzy who is this, she fine as hell." Then heard Cindy say from in the house, " the fuck did you just say Riley?" " nothing c-murph". " yeah das what I thought nigga". Cindy gets jealous real easy when it comes to Riley and other girls, they've been dating for about a month. "This is Lyla", I said. He smiled and motioned us in the house.

After introducing her to Riley and Cindy I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. After looking up to see Huey I ran to him greeting him with a hug saying, " hi babe". He frowned and said, " Jazmine don't call me that". I giggled and he then said, " who is this?" I said, " oh Huey this is Lyla, she just moved in down the street." " hi nice to meet you", said Lyla. " hi I'm Huey, I'm Jazmine's boyfriend and that's my brother Riley and his girlfriend Cindy." " oh, I met them already". Huey gave an awkward smirk and proceeds to sit down on the couch.

After that we all chilled and watched a movie. I really like the new girl, she's really nice and I think she'll add an all new positive element to the group. We're gonna get really close I can tell.

What do you think about Lyla? Is she good or bad? Just stay tuned to find out. Til next time ✌🏾️.