Chapter 4

"You know in the movies, it looks so much easier to do things like this." I stated.

    "Yeah, well, not so much in real life, huh, Cayson?" Elian yelled. "You got us kicked out of a university!!!"

    "Oh yeah? Well... Elian is a weird name!" I yelled.

    "And Cayson isn't?" He yelled back.

    "Quit it, you babies!" A dark haired teen, who seemed a little older than me, maybe 17 walked up seemingly out of nowhere.

    "Who are you?" Elian asked.

    "I'm Ralph. Ralph's the name."

    "You know I wasn't sure the first time you said it, so thanks for clarifying."

 Ralph ignored my sarcasm and continued.

    "It took me a while to find you. You weren't at the hospital, or the sidewalk. I'm lucky that I saw you two arguing right now. Told you, Barry."

    "Why did you want to find us so much?" Elian inquired.

 He looked at the sky. "Because I'm one of you."

 I groaned, and looked up.

    "Okay, stop me when I get it. Aliens? Vampires? Robots?"

    "We're Orbists. We're different from other people."

    "Please stop." I mumbled.

    "I'm sure by now you've realized you have no recollection of your past except your given names. That's because there is no past to remember."

    "Do we have super powers too?"

    "Actually, yes."

    "Oh, come on." I groaned again.

    "You two are the result of nuclear atoms twisting with oxygen in truly unbelievable ways."

    "Sure we are."

   "When we're born, we come out of thin air unconscious with blood leaking out of our nose. That's how we knew you were Orbists, and how the bad guys know as well. "

 Elian smirked. 

    "How do you expect us to-"

    "Can we just save the "I don't believe you" part for another time? There's a lot I have to explain."

 Elian and I shrugged. "Fine."

    "Because of our insane way of becoming what we are, we also have another thing not like humans. Special abilities. Check this out."

 Ralph focused on our phone. We stared in awe as the phone lifted out and above Elian's hand a few inches, then quickly dropped it back into his hand. Okay, that was cool.

    "Holy macaroni!" I yelled. "That was amazing! Can I do that?"

    "Unfortunately, every Orbist power is different. So, telekinesis is my thing."

 My shoulders slumped.

    "Now, I don't know if you've seen them yet, but there is an organization that is trying to kill us all. They wear black suits. They call themselves the 'Ecators'. They're led by some powerful boss named Mr. Mac. No Orbist has seen his face and has survived."

 Then he laughed. "I almost forgot. Barry, you can show yourself!!!"

The tree next to us began to transform. The two branches slowly shrank and changed from brown to peachy to reveal arms, and the tree trunk did the same to reveal a body. Roots grew quickly and began to form up in to two roots which changed into legs. Finally, while all the other leaves fell off. One leaf at the top became rounded and features were soon added showing a face, which all added up to a chubby boy also around our age.

    "Hi." He giggled. "I'm Barry. And I can turn into a tree."

 Both Elian and I just stood there with our jaws touching the ground. This couldn't be happening.

 Ralph laughed. "Barry can also do other weird nature stuff. Like touching a place and making a flower grow out of it."

 Standing there like an idiot, I realized we haven't introduced ourselves.

    "Well, uh, my name is -"

    "No need. Heard it while you two were arguing. Cayson and Elian right?"

 We nodded.

    "Come with us." Ralph pulled out his hand.