Chapter 22

I woke up, and the first thing I saw was the man walking down the stairs, a bowl of soup with a metal spoon in his hands. He looked at me.

    "You're awake."

    "I...yes."

 He handed me the bowl, and I instantly started scooping spoonfuls, though the hotness of the spoon burned my tongue. I looked up and saw him already walking up the stairs. I was about to stop him, but hesitated. I didn't really want to talk to him, but I did have a number of questions. I finally decided not to, and continued my delicious soup. It was a bright red color, and smelled like the sea. Sizzling little brown bubbles popped out of it's surface, inviting me to take another spoonful, and it had great chunks of hard meat floating in it, which added dryness to the taste. But more than anything, it was salty.

 However, I didn't finish quickly. I used up the last bit of my willpower to enjoy the soup to it's full value.

 After I finished, and by finished, I mean there was no longer any morsel of liquid in the bowl, I shouted out to the man.

    "Would you like your bowl back?" I shouted.

    "That's your bowl now." He informed me back. "You'll be using it for the rest of your meals."

 His response simply begged more questions, like "Does that mean all you'll be feeding me is soup?" or "So now I call you when I'm hungry, and you come and fill in my bowl?", but I decided to keep my mouth shut, telling myself it was best if we didn't have too much interaction.

 Time began to pass, but this time, I was able to keep track, due to my new discovered ability of vision, and I was able to check the clock on the floor above me every once in a while to see how much time had passed. By the second day, which was now, I practically knew this cabin inside out, perhaps more than it's owner. My power pleased me, and I used it to its full extent. After I inspected every inch of the cabin, I began to widen my scope, and looked around the forest which surrounded me. Even I was surprised on how much I was able to see. Within an hour I had looked through the whole forest I was in, and a bit beyond that. I found new trails and pathways, including some for getting to the city, where I saw a sign which cleared up the whereabouts of my location.

    "I'm in Tennessee." I told myself.

    "More specifically, though..." I grinned. "I'm in the forest, Chickasaw."