Chapter 7

"Help!" Elian screamed over me "Help!"

    "What happened?" I heard Ralph scream far away.

    "We stole a poisonous needle from the Ecators and Cayson just fell on it.."

    "What?"

 That was when I stopped hearing sound, except for little echoes. I felt the ground below me, and I felt my blood, and how cold it all was. I felt the drag of my body on platforms which changed from earth, to tile, and then to wood. Then I felt a tugging, and the ground sliding under my legs.

 Then everything got shiny.

 I opened my eyes.

    "He's awake."

 I heard many sighs of relief.

    "Cayson? Its me, Elian."

    "Hi, Elian." I whispered.

    "The needle got injected into you. We don't really know what it did, but we got it out fast."

    "You gave us all a great scare, man." Bryan mumbled.

    "I should have took that needle from you the second I found you two at the university." Ralph held it up.           "And you were an idiot to keep it in your pocket."

    "Sorry." I muttered.

    "And you totally ruined Hunting Time." Levi grumbled.

    "I said I was sorry." I grouched and stood up slowly, wincing at the pain on my left side.

    "I have food." Barry said, and held up a dead toucan.

    "We'll have to eat that then. Cook it, Barry."

 Barry nodded.

 Elian grabbed the toucan.

    "No need." A few seconds passed and he gave it back.

 Barry picked it up and winced.

    "Ouch, that's hot."

 Ralph grinned.

    "I take it you've realized your power."

    "Knew it when I threw a rock at a bird and felt it get cold." He smiled back. "I can change how hot or cold something is by touching it."

    "Nice!" Bryan applauded.

    "How about you, Cayson? Finally learned how to shoot lasers out of your eyes?" Ralph turned to me.

    "Still in the dark."

    "Well then." He chuckled. "Lets eat a hot toucan."