Chapter 21

What was I supposed to do? The cabin was safer than whatever could happen to me out in that forest. He kicked over a rug, and under it revealed a door which had stairs going down. He lead me down the stairs, and I found myself in some sort of basement. The underground elevation reminded me of my last hideout. He cuffed my left hand to a small pipe which was glued to the floor (not literally). The pipe was a bit rusty, but it looked pretty sturdy, and in the state I was in, I wouldn't be breaking it any time soon. He looked down at me.

    "I'll know when you're okay to let go." He declared. "In the meantime, get comfy."

    "Do you have a change of clothes?" I croaked, wanting to throw off my muddy, ripped, disgusting,  blood and vomit stained,  E.O.H.C.C uniform.

    "I have nothing your size." He claimed, then left the room, the key to my handcuffs in his hand.

 More time to think. But I got pretty tired of thinking. It was like chewing the same gumball until it turns into a tasteless goo you hide behind your teeth, looking around for a trash bin to spit it out, but without success. I lost track of time by then, and for a second I contemplated killing myself and getting my mess of a life over with.

    "No!" I yelled to myself. "Don't give up! You can win this!"

    "Shut up!" The guy shouted from the floor above me.

 Despite him ruining my moment of inspiration, I still found myself grateful to this man, even though his name eluded me, and he kind of hated me. I slumped back down, and looked at the dusty ceiling above me. How many days would I end up being here? I turned to my side, finding a drawer next to me. There are tools here, and a piece of chalk, I told myself silently. I jumped back in the little space I had (Me being handcuffed and all). How the heck did I know that? I knew what was inside the drawer without even opening it. I saw inside it. I attempted to open the drawer, only to realize it was locked. How? I wondered. Is my power slowly developing? I shut my eyes, and opened them again. I turned around and I saw...everything. The whole layout of the cabin. I saw the kitchen and I saw inside the drawers of the kitchen. I saw the system of pipes throughout the energy-independent system this cabin had. My power. I can see things. See things the normal human cannot. I looked all over, taking it all in. My power was done developing. I smiled, and lay down.

    "Take that, guy." I whispered to the ceiling. "You can't do what I do."

 My eyelids slowly closed as I whispered my final words before drifting off into slumber.

    "I'm not crazy."