The Bag: Chapter 5

Edited: Friday November 27th

Ashlyn POV

"So you're saying, he's trying to get the bag?" Trinity asked as we sat on our bean bag chairs.

"Yeah, he took it and said 'I need what's inside more than you'" I shrugged while air quoting.

"But why?"

"I don't know"

"Why don't you know?"

"Because I don't"

"Well you should"

"Shut up" I threw my pillow at her and we chuckled together.

"So?" She asked.

"Well, now I have to be his 'girlfriend'/date for his parents business meeting dinner tonight" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my, how lucky are you? It's like you're living in a romance book. You know, the badboy makes you date him then he goes farther than pretending and then you end up with millions of children" she grinned brightly.

"Yeah, no" I chuckled.

"So what time is the dinner party?"

"Um I don't know, he said he'll be picking me up at 6 o'clock though" I checked my phone too see it was 4:30.

"What are you going to wear?" Trinity asked going to my closet and roaming through my clothes.

"I don't have any dresses..." I said slowly.

"I figured you would say that, but I was hoping you wouldn't" she sighed and picked up her duffle bag from inside my closet.

Trinity keeps extra clothes in my closet incase she ever needs them. Half of them are my clothes that she's never returned anyway.

What else are friends for?

"Here" she threw a red dress at me and I picked it up examining it.

It was a simple red dress with a few gems here and there. It was beautiful, but I don't know if it's me.

"I don't know...." I said.

"Just put it on!" Trinity said picking me up.

"Ashlyn! Someone is at the door!" My father yelled from downstairs making Trinity drop me.

"Who the hell would that be?" Trinity asked quietly. I shrugged and followed her down the stairs.

"I don't want to see you" I said as soon as I saw who was at the door.

"Why not, Ashlyn? She's changed" my dad said trying to reason with me.

"No, she almost killed me!" I yelled.

"Ashlyn, I've told you a million times, it wasn't on purpose, I would never do that too you" Samantha started walking towards me but I backed away.

"Stay away" Trinity stepped in front of me protectively.

"Samantha, I know what you did. Why do you even like her dad?" I said quietly as Trinity moved next to me.

"Honey, you told me yourself I should start dating" my dad said looking into my eyes.

"I didn't mean to date a psychotic slut!" I yelled. "Mom would have never liked her" I held back the tears that were coming to my eyes.

My dad sighed and held Samantha's hand.

Samantha is my dads' 'girlfriend'. You see, my mother abandoned my brother, father, and I at a young age. Ever since I found out she left us, I've hated her. I told my father he needed to get out and date, but I didn't mean for him to date a slut like Samantha.