The Bag Epilouge

Unedited

"Auntie!" My little boys voice echoed through the house.

"Yes, Wes?" I grinned and looked down at him from my bed.

Wes is my best friend Trinity's child. I'm basically his second mom, I see him every weekend and most week days.

"Uncle said to give you this" He handed me a tray of pancakes and some milk.

"Thank you, Wes. Now come up here and help me eat them!" I laughed and picked him up from the floor.

We both laughed and ate together before my phone rang.

"Hold on baby" I put my fork down and answered my phone, "hello?"

"Hey, Ashlyn. Do you have a minute? There's parent on the phone that wants to speak about their child" My co worker Tanya asked.

You see, after high school I went to college to be a teacher for high school students.

"Yes sure, put him on the phone" I held the phone with my shoulder as she put gave him the phone.

"Hello?" A males voice said into the phone.

I dropped my fork with my mouth agape.

"Brandon?" I asked in shock.

"Ashlyn?" He asked also in shock.

"Wow, long time no talk" I said picking my fork back up.

"Yeah, how have you been?" He asked awkwardly.

"I'm great, but let's not chit chat. What was your question?" I took a bite of my pancake.

"Ah yes, I would like to know if little Nathan has gone to school over the last week. I was told he is in your English class.

"Yes he is, and from what I remember no, he hasn't been in class" I shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"That little-" he paused, "he's been skipping school" he sighed.

"Takes after his dad on that one" I chuckled as Brandon did too.

"Yeah, hey well thanks, it was great talking to you"

"No problem! Bye!" I hung up.

"Who was that?" Wes asked.

"An old old old friend" I said taking a sip of my milk.

"Did you like him?" He asked innocently. He is such an innocent child, but for an seven year old, he surely is smart.

"I think I did, but he didn't feel the same way" I struggled to swallow the pancake as the memories of my high school year came back.

"Uncle likes you though, right?" He gazed up at me.

"Hmm" I taped my finger on my chin, "maybe we should go ask him" I grinned at him.

"Yay!" He exclaimed while jumping up and dragging me out of bed.

He drug me behind him and into the kitchen where his dad was.

"Uncle! Uncle! You like auntie right?" Wes asked him while pulling on his shirt.

"Of course I do baby! Why do you ask?" He said turning off the stove before turning around to face us

"Because untie said she liked someone before but he didn't like her" he said moving back and forth.

"Oh, well I'll prove to you that I definitely do like your auntie" he grinned before grabbing a box from the kitchen shelf. I squinted to see what it was but before I could see, he got down on one knee.

"Ashlyn" he started. My hands flew over my mouth in shock as he continued, "every since that day I met you in Toronto, I knew you were special and I would support you forever. I want to be your prince because you're my princess. So, Ashlyn, will you marry me?" He opened up the box to reveal a gorgeous ring.

"Yes, I will marry you, Tate" I ran and hugged him to death.

"I love you so much" he said before kissing me.

"I love you too" I pulled away and pulled Wes into the hug as well.

After we all calmed down, even though I was still on cloud nine, Tate came back from his shower with an old book bag in his hand.

"What's this babe?" He asked holding it up, "it was in your old suitcase"

I examined it and realized- it was my secret bag from high school.

"Oh, that's just an old bag with no meaning anymore" I took it out of his hand and threw it in the trash, "I have everything I need to make me happy right here" I kissed him and everything was okay.

THE END.

•••••••••••
Ahhhhhhhhhh. Itz over.

How did you like the ending?

Yeah I don't have much to say but I uploaded 5 chapters in 2 days while completing it so I'm pretty happy.

Check out The Badboy & I's Deal! It's my next story to complete :)

Comment

Vote

Fan for more!
-SMS