Chapter 11

Edited: Tuesday January 19th @ 4:40 Pm
Ashlyn POV

I began reading the last page as I heard Brandon behind me, "did you find what you were looking for?"

I slammed the book shut and turned around, swallowing slowly.

"Yes, I mean no" I closed my eyes tightly.

"What exactly were you looking for?" He asked reaching behind me for the book.

"Nothing" I moved away from the desk as Brandon snatched it off of the desk.

"You must've been looking for something, and based on what you've been doing lately, I think you've found it" he said holding the notebook up.

"Oh" I trailed off. He is right, I came for a reason. The reason is to talk about the whole gang thing.

"Listen, I know you're in Travis's gang now" he said throwing the notebook back onto the desk.

"Oh" I said again looking down.

This whole gang thing isn't going to end well.

"Stop saying 'oh' and talk to me about this" he sighed and sat down on the desk chair.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked looking up.

Wait, why should I care if he is mad at me? He doesn't control me.

"No, why would I be?" He asked staring at me.

"Well I did sorta join your rival gang which is planning an attack on your gang" I said quickly. A few seconds passed and I realized what I said. 

I just told the enemy about our plans.

How stupid am I?

"Lovely" he sighed.

"Yeah" I said quietly.

"Why did you do it?" He asked after a long silence drifted upon us.

"Do what?" I glanced at him.

"Join his gang"

"Oh, well for one I didn't know you had a gang yourself" I reasoned.

"That's not what I asked" He looked up at me, his green eyes connecting to my blue ones.

"I don't know" I put my head in my hands, "you'll just laugh at me because it's a stupid reason I agreed to joining" I sighed and rubbed my face.

I could never tell him the real reason I joined the gang.

"Just tell me" he said softly, his gaze still holding onto me even though I wasn't looking back.

"I can't" I shook my head.

"Please" he said.

"No" I stood up and pulled on the strings of my bag that I always carry with me.

"If you don't," he paused and got up "maybe I'll have to torture you until you tell me" he smirked and walked over to me.