The Bag Chapter 15

Edited
Ashlyn POV

"I've heard that you've been, having some trouble finding your place in the world. I know how much that hurts. But if you need a friend, then please just say the word" A man sang on the subway while playing the guitar.

"You've come this far, you're all cleaned up, you've made a mess again. Their's no more trying to sort yourself out. Hold on tight, this ride is a wild one" I sang along to the song as it was one of my favorite songs by All Time Low.

The man grinned at me before continuing, "make no mistake the day will come when you can't cover up what you've done. Now don't lose your fight kid, it only takes a little fight to pull on through. With so much left to do, you'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you" he strummed as the train stopped and I got up.

I walked over to him and gave him some money before getting off the train.

I stepped off and walked up the stairs to the road. I noticed Brandon's friend Tristan looking around frantically. I decided to walk over and make sure he was okay.

"Hey, Tristan, you okay?" I asked putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Oh my god, Ashlyn! You're alive! Brandon has been looking all over for you! Where have you been? It's been a week!" He said frantically while turning around.

"I'll explain it all later, can you just take me home?" I sighed. I was pretty tired from my day in Toronto even though I didn't do much.

"Yeah. Please just call Brandon" He said grabbing my hand and running to his car.

"I can't call him, I don't have my phone" I remember I put my phone in my bag before going to the warehouse with Brandon. So it's still at my house.

"Okay, he will find out when he sees you then" Tristan said getting into his car. I hopped in and he drove off to Brandons house.

I glanced over at Tristan who was fixated on the road.  It was quite cold in the car so I put my hands in my hoodie pocket. I could tell we were close to Brandons house because of the familiar street signs. I forgot how close he lived to the subway station. That could've been why I ran there to get away from him.

"Brandon!" Tristan rolled down his window and yelled to Brandon before we were even parked.

I glanced out his window and saw Brandon and his gang all sitting together. Brandon looked distraught, but when he noticed me in the car, he perked up.

I kept one hand in my pocket as Tristan parked the car and we both got out. Brandon ran over to me and hugged me.

"Oh my god I missed you" he said into my shoulder.

"It was only a week, chill" I rolled my eyes and backed away from him.

"So you're still mad at me?" He sighed.

I shrugged and fiddled with the folded piece of paper in my pocket with Tate's phone number on it.

"Let's go talk about it, please?" He stepped closer to me and I looked up at him.

"Whatever" I sighed and followed him into his house.

Before we reached the door, I stopped him, "wait"