Chapter One - The Transfer

[Third Person POV]

"Hey, come on! They're here!" a girl exclaimed.

"What, seriously?! Let's go!" said the other as they ran towards the large crowd that was forming in the towering gates of Pokémon Academy.

A limousine was parked in front of the campus, and five girls stepped out of the extravagant vehicle.

"OH MY GOD. IT'S THEM—THE S-CLASS STUDENTS!" Someone squealed in excitement.

S-Class composed of the top five students in Pokémon Academy. All five girls were—expectedly—intelligent, wealthy, and pretty. Extremely pretty. They were the boys' ideal relationship partner, and the girls' target of admiration.

"SERENA! Look this way!" Someone screamed as he snapped some pictures of the group. Serena just smiled awkwardly and waved while Misty looked ahead with calm strides.

Iris was performing what seemed to be a combination of hops and cart-wheels, while Dawn and May started conversing with each other, occasionally sweat dropping at the student body's excessive reactions.

The group walked into the classroom (but more so their hangout location)—the Greenhouse—and plopped themselves on the couch.

"Phew, that was so scary I could never get use to the fans." Serena sighed.

"It's been 2 years, Serena," Misty said, and Serena reacted to her statement with a  gingerly smile.

"It's okay Serenie, you'll get use to it eventually!" Iris winked at her.

"Ah thanks... Wait, I told you to stop calling me Serenie!" The latter pouted.

"Why not, it sounds so cute!" Iris was twirling around the marbled floor as she ran around the room.

"Geez, Iris is always so active. She really is the type that can't sit for long." Dawn, the girl with ocean-blue hair, giggled at her childish friend.

"Dawn, how mean!" Iris pouted as they all laughed.

"By the way, did you all hear about the school-wide assembly we're having in the afternoon?" May asked, tilting her head a little.

"I heard that the assembly was planned just for a new transfer student." Serena casually responded from the kitchen, before emerging with a plate of cookies.

She set the desserts on the table, and Iris eagerly grabbed one with her hands, shoving it into her mouth with a satisfied grin.

"Really, now? That's super rare, the principal would never throw an assembly at the whole school just for a student!" She noted, muffling through her speech.

"That's true, I heard that the transfer student is a boy... I wonder if he's hot?" Misty grinned amusingly.

"Are you kidding me? I've never met a boy in my life that I had considered to be hot," May stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

Their shameless statements caused an eruption of giggles amongst the group.

"Geez, you all," Serena smiled as she tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "I just hope he's a nice person."

The group nodded in agreement. Regardless of the different expectations they had for the new transfer, the girls were anticipating the upcoming assembly.

- Assembly Hall -

The student body poured their way into the assembly hall; they sat in rows on the first floor while the S-class was on the balcony floor, looking through the glass window that showcased the entire auditorium. Chatters were audible amongst themselves when their principal, Mr. Sycamore, strode infront of the stage. Tapping his foot dismissively, he waited for the whole school to quiet down.

"Good day, everyone. I have called you all here to introduce you to a new student that will be a part of Pokémon Academy starting today."

A student raised his hand. "Why are you introducing a student to the whole school? Isn't that usually done in classrooms?"

The people below the stage were mumbling words of agreement as conversations arose once more.

Dawn leaned back with a knowing smirk. "I knew someone would ask that question."

Mr Sycamore held up his hand, signalling everyone to quiet down as he continued. "I am doing this because he achieved dazzling results on the entrance exam, and therefore have been chosen by the council as an example for the rest of the school."

"Oh?" Misty raised a eyebrow. "A score high enough for the principal to introduce him to the whole school? Interesting."

"Indeed! I wonder what kind of person he is!" Serena exclaimed as she pleasantly clapped her hands together.

"Come on up please," Mr Sycamore gestured with his hand as a boy approached the stage.

"Hm. He's not wearing the school uniform." A frown was on Iris's face as she pointed out her observations.

"A rebel, isn't he?" May raised an eyebrow as they continue to watch the boy make his way to the front.

Once he stood at the center of the room, the girls were able to examined him in a more thorough manner. He wore a white and blue patterned jacket with a black t-shirt on the inside and had his hands in his pockets. His messy raven-black hair, mostly covered by his ballcap, had a few strands that stuck out here and there.

However, they make out his face due to the Birdseye angle of their balcony room and the cap that concealed more than half of his face.

Without further ado, Mr Sycamore spoke into the silence, his statement echoing in the students' ears. "His name is Ash Ketchum, and he will be joining the S-Class starting today."

The girls exchanged glances with each other, before his words finally settled in their brain.

"Wait...WHAT?!"

———

[Edited x2]

Hope you all like the first chapter! And just letting you know, I've already decided who Ash is going to be with in the end but maybe that decision will change if you all want a certain character to be with Ash.

So comment who you ship with Ash!