Chapter 12 - Jealousy

[May's POV]

"QUICKLY! CUSTOMERS COULD BE HERE ANY MINUTE!" Misa exclaimed as everyone hurried to their positions. Following their movements, Ash and I quickly ran to our spots in front of the counter.

"QUICKLY QUICKLY!!" Misa rushed as more maids and waiters frantically ran around the room.

"What's wrong with her?" Ash took a piece of cake and threw it in his mouth.

"Hard to say, this restaurant must be really important to h- HEY DON'T EAT THAT! IT'S FOR THE CUSTOMERS!" I yelled right after Ash shoved the last cake into his mouth.

"I was hungry."

Yanking him by the collar, I pulled him closer and pressed my voice into a low whisper. "Don't do that again or else you'll be wearing a maid outfit instead of a tuxedo." And he immediately turned quiet.

Well, that should keep him from eating other people's food.

Ding! The door slid open, revealing a teenage girl striding in.

"Welcome to Maid Latté!" Misa exclaimed, "who will you choose to serve your food?"

(A/N: at Maid Latté, the customers get to choose who's going to take their orders, serve their food etc.)

She observed her options around the room, seeming to be lost in thoughts. However, when she saw Ash and I, her eyes sparkled. "I want..." The girl lifted her finger towards me, before a rioting changing its course of direction. "HIM!" Staring at her shifted finger that pointed towards him, Ash was unamused.

My eyes twitched.

"Hey Ashhhh?" Misa whispered loudly and nudged him in the elbow.

"Hm?" Ash cocked his head to the side, clearly not understanding her intentions.

"Go and get their orders!" Misa pushed him towards the girl, who started fangirling at his approached her.

"Can I take your or-" he apathetic formality was cut short when the teenage customer shoved her phone in his face.

"Heyyy, can I have your number?" She leaned forward with fluttering eyes, one hand twirling around her hair.

A twisted feeling arose in my stomach, and for some reason, I had a strong urge to punch her. But Ash, being the most oblivious person in the world, paid no intention to her seductive acts.

"Why?"

"Because you're hot!" She exclaimed shamelessly.

Upon hearing her stupidly straightforward confession, I almost choked on air. I shot her a glare and gulped down a glass of water all at once while Misa was giggling. "Looks like your boyfriend is going to be taken away!" I rolled my eyes and looked at Ash, silently awaiting his answer.

[Ash's POV]

"Because your hot!" The girl whose face I did not recognize was speaking in a feverish manner.

At that moment, I swore I felt a glare behind me and shuddered. Narrowing my eyes, I placed the back of my palm on my neck, which composed a normal temperature of 36.5 degrees Celsius. After making sure that I wasn't sick, I then spoke back to her. "How do you know that? Do you have some special ways of detecting someone's temperature?"

With that, her jaws dropped wide open and stare at me with a glare that seemed to as if I was kidding. I wasn't, so I just ignored her.

"What?" I turned around only to see Misa snickering and May laughing like there was no tomorrow. "Why are you laughing?"