Chapter 14 - Fight

[Third Person POV]

"Alright!" Gary smirked. "Wanna see him fight?" 

The girls eyed him in confusion.

"Fight as in...?" Serena was the first to state her confusion.

"...Combat fight?" May finished for her.

Gary nodded with a grin. "You'd be surprised."

———

The six of them stood behind a wall that led to an empty hallway. With a simple gesture coming from Gary's hands, four body guards dressed in all black hurried towards a room a few meters away from where they were hiding.

"These Mafia Org members are currently serving as body guards," Gary explained, "their skills and ruthlessness have been honed from countless missions. I hired them to go and pull a surprise attack on Ash, that way we'll be able to see him fight!"

"You're going through all this just to show us how he fight?" Iris said in disbelief, "that's going too far!"

"Oh, don't mind. These exchanges are quite common between Ash and I. It's like our game," Gary shrugged.

"Trying to take each other's lives is like a game for you guys?" May shuddered.

"Is Ash going to be ok?" Serena gulped at the fearsome backs of the group of men in black. "They don't seem like the type to go easy."

"You should be worrying about these four, not Ash," Gary said, with a tsk of his tongue. "Just look and see."

They all shifted their attention to the body guards as they approached to Ash's room and held out their guns.

"THEY HAVE GUNS AS WELL?!" Misty gaped, worried about the outcome. Tension inundated the hallway as they watched the body guards kick the door wide open and point their guns in the room. The girls squeezed their eyes shut while Gary watched in amusement.

After a few seconds, the body guards who edged into the room came out empty handed and one piece. The four men shook their heads towards Gary.

"Dang it, he's not in the room," the latter grumbled.

Hearing that, the girls slowly opened their eyes and cautiously poked their heads from behind the walls. At that moment, just for a split second, they saw a shadow move around the hallway. Before they knew it, all four Mafia Org members were all knocked onto the ground, unconscious. The girls just stood there in shock, trying to process in their minds what had just happened.

"You see," Gary said with an unfazed expression. "Ash is the top assassin in Mafia Org and that was the Lightning Shadow technique."

"Lightning Shadow Technique?" They asked in unison.

"Yeah, it's a move that allows you to go at Godspeed," Gary paid no attention to the dumbfounded expressions on their faces as he searched around the hallway for any signs of Ash. "Dang it, he's not there!"

"Looking for someone?" A voice emerged behind them. The girls and Gary spun around, only to see Ash leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face. "Hey, Gary. What have you been up to lately?"

"Damn," Gary muttered under his breath before lifting his head with an innocent smile. "Ashy Boy! It's sure a coincidence, isn't it? I was just about to show these girls where their room are when I bumped into you! Haha..."

The girls rolled their eyes at him.

"I totally believe you," Ash said. "Though I couldn't care less, anyway."