Chapter 26 - Discovery

"So?" Gary leaned forward from his seat, "How was it?"

Dawn looked away, avoiding his gaze, "How was what?"

"Oh you know what I'm talking about," he smiled, refusing to drop the conversation. "I'm talking about your first mission, you just came back from the mission an hour ago, am I correct?"

Knowing that he won't give up until she tell him, Dawn sighed.

"Well you see..."

-Flash Back-

The team examined their surroundings as they blended them selves on the roof, tracking down at their targets from above.

Delia had informed them that a group of people was going around spreading bad rumours about Mafia Org. So their first mission as a team will be to dispose those people using any ways possible.

"It makes absolutely no sense how we have to keep our reputation despite being an assassination group," Misty sweat dropped, "It makes no sense at all."

"I agree," May nodded.

"Whatever! It's our first mission and I'm so excited!~" Iris sang with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Shhh," Serena whispered and put a finger over her lips, signalling her to be quiet, "They might hear you."

"I doubt they'll hear us like this," Dawn stared down at the busy street that was packed people, "We're at the most populated street in the whole Tokyo. I could barely hear myself."

Serena pouted, "I was just trying to set the mood."

"You guys are all so strange," Ash said while squirting ketchup into his mouth.

"Says you," Dawn rolled her eyes, "And where did you even get th-" she stopped when she saw a creature approach them.

It jumped in front of Ash.

Took his ketchup.

And swallowed it whole.

The everyone except Ash watched in silent as it licked its paw in satisfaction. Ash just narrowed his eyes at the yellow creature with an accusing expression.

Serena studied the creature in front of her. "That's a cat... right?"

The feline that sat in front of them had bright yellow fur, which was a very unlikely color for a cat--if you haven't noticed. The tip of its ears were black, and the tail had a zig zaggy shape rather than a straight one. In other words...

It was abnormal.

"Maybe it's a alien," Ash narrowed his eyes at the yellow creature, "Should I kill it?"

"Ash!" Serena said as she shot him a look.

"But he stole my ketchup," Ash said.

"Which means this cat likes to eat... ketchup?" Misty said in shock.

"Gimme my ketchup back," Ash said bluntly as he held the cat and shook it up and down, causing the group to sweat drop.

As if that would work.

"Pika pi," it suddenly said out loud, making Ash drop him onto the ground. The team stared at the yellow feline dumbfounded. Even though the background was really loud, the atmosphere within them was so awkward you feel like that even a pin drop was audible.

"Serena, what are cat suppose to say?" he asked, his eyes still fixed on the cat, taking in its every movement.

"I-if i remember correctly, 'meow' are what cats say," Serena said hesitantly. Ash slowly nodded, still locking his eyes on the cat.