Chapter 5 - Class Time

[Serena's POV]

Attention an intimidating aura, I approached the student and held my finger up in disapproval. "Hey, you! Skipping class is not allowed!" However, my eyes soon widened when I realized who it was.

Ash!

Unknowingly, my heart had started pounding ferociously against my chest as I backed up.

'Oh no, I just said something really embarrassing didn't I? How would he think of me now? A weird girl who goes around lecturing people for no reason? OH NOOOO!'

Thousands of possibilities were taking over my thoughts and I hid my face in embarrassment.

After a while with no response, I started wondering why he wasn't saying anything. Was it because he's so put off by my reaction that he didn't even want to talk to me?

With my curiosity taking the lead, I snuck a peek at him—and face palmed.

He was asleep.

'I am such a idiot.' I shook my head as I came closer to him.

Ash was lying on the grass with his hands rested behind his head. A light breeze blew towards us, and his raven bangs fluttered peacefully on his forehead. Come to think of it, his blunt demeanour from yesterday seemed to have dissipated while he was asleep. I observed the sleeping boy, intrigued by his now contrasting appearance that made him appear innocent, just like a little kid. A smile was edging on my face and without thinking, I was leaning forward to get a better look at his features.

'His eye lashes are so long. Was his hair soft and silky like this yesterday?'

I was about to stroke his hair when suddenly, his eyes shot open and his brown eyes stared right into my blue ones. It was then when I noticed that our faces were merely inches away from each other. Immediately, my face blushed fifty shades of red and I backed away.

"Who are you?" Ash asked groggily as he yawned and stretched his arms.

"Well um, I'm Serena," I replied awkwardly, still not fully recovered from the shock.

"Need something?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Well," I bit my lips, my mind racing to think of an excuse because there was no way I was telling him that he looked really cute while he was sleeping and his hair looked really soft so I couldn't help but wanting to touch it. No way.

"Well, it doesn't really matter to me anyways." At my struggling state to think of a response, the raven-haired boy just shrugged.

I'm saved! I sighed in relief.

"Come to think of it..." I crossed my arms. "Why were you sleeping here? You were suppose to go meet all the S-Class students in the green house first thing in the morning!"

"Hm. After the battle yesterday with the karate girl-"

"You mean May?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"Probably?" He shrugged." I wanted to check out Tokyo since our family just moved here and all, so I was walking around the city. And before I knew it, it was night time. I didn't want to go home as I would be greeted by guns and bullets, and I wasn't in the mood for that."

I blinked twice. "What?"

"What?"

"Guns and bullets?! What kind family do you have?" I stepped back, baffled at the things that were coming out of his mouth with such nonchalance.