Chapter 7 - Assassins

[May's POV]

"Thank you all for coming," Ash Ketchum smirked. "Let's all enjoy this night to the fullest."

With his statement acting as a command signal, everyone pulled out their guns, pressing the trigger in unison. Hundreds of bullets were flying out all at once towards the ceiling.

"What's happening?!" Barely processing my own voice, I covered my eardrums so they won't end up breaking.

I glanced up at the ceiling, which was surprisingly in one piece. Despite being targets by all those bullets, not a single dent were to be seen. As expected from the world famous Mafia Org. Was it sound proof as well?

I don't know whether to be impressed or scared for my well being.

"I HEARD IT WAS THEIR WAY OF SAYING THAT THE PARTY HAS STARTED!" I heard a voice beside me and turned around.

"MOM?!" I said, trying to out-scream the sound of flying noises. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE WITH THE OTHERS."

"I was told to bring you girls somewhere, come with me!" she yelled back, gesturing with her hands to follow after her.

"Where are we going?" Serena's wary gaze was shaking as she trailed behind like a lost deer.

"I want to know too," Iris was clinging on to the scared honey-blonde as she herself felt goosebumps up her spine.

"You'll see once we get there!" She answered.

[Dawn's POV]

Turning from one hallway into another, we ended up in front of a grand door, away from the ballroom and the sound of bullets. The moment we entered the private room, the doors closed shut behind us. It was completely silent.

"...I guess this room is highly sound proof as well?" Misty pointed out.

"Seems like it," I sighed, unable to hide my shaky breath that came along with my statement.

There was a moment of silence between us, which was quickly broken by Iris.

"Seriously, what are we doing here?! And this dress is getting really annoying!" Complaining, she slid down into her chair and pouted. Usually, I would be the one who would have told her to suck it up, but this time, I agreed with her.

What were we doing here?

Suddenly, the door was pushed open by two bodyguards wearing all black. The woman from earlier came into the room.

"Woah, she's even prettier up close!" I couldn't help but gape at the beautiful woman.

"Aw thanks, sweetheart," she smiled. I returned the same smile, internally surprised at the gently-looking women before us, who seemed nothing like a mafia leader. Despite rumours of her personality being coldhearted and bold, her eyes bore a warm gaze that made her seem welcoming.

"Delia! It's been awhile, hasn't it?" I heard my mom say as they hugged each other.

"I know! Fifteen years, hasn't it? Dawn's all grown up now. The last time I saw her, she was only this big," she signalled with her pinky. I sweat dropped.

I don't think that I was that small as a baby.

"And all of you," Delia smiled. "It's been awhile."

"Um," Iris started, breaking the moment, "Were we brought here just for a reunion?"

Actually, I would have felt better if that was the case.