Chapter 4 - Cake

[Serena's POV]

Ring! RING! RINGGGGGG!

"Serena-sama—it's time to wake up." Echoing in the distance, I made out the familiar voice of our maid, who stood outside my room.

"Ugh... One more minute..." I mumbled groggily, throwing the blanket over my head.

(A/N: reminder that Serena and the other girls are rich rich LOL)

I was just moments away from drifting back to dreamland when a boisterous holler dragged me into reality.

"SERENA. GET UPPPPP!" My mom's voice was comparable to a living earthquake reverberating through the hallway.

"Fine..." I groaned as I managed to get out the bed. Dragging my tired self to the bathroom, I barely opened my eyes as I noticed the figure in the mirror.

"AHHHHHHH!" Unable to compress my horrified screen, I immediately backed up from the mirror with shaking knees.

Oh my Arceus. I really did look hideous. Not just any kind of hideous, but the out-of-the-world kind of hideous.

My usual silky hair were all tangled up in a spiderweb-like formation with a strand of hair awkwardly sticking straight up my head. Small, purple bags could be seen under my puffy eyes due to sleep deprivation. I had to blame my appearance on the S-Class's incredibly high amount of daily homework.

Much to my chagrin, My face was current synonymous to a Frankenstein with a troll face. No joke.

"SERENA-SAMA. ARE YOU OKAY?!" Frantic voices were outside my room. Whoops, I think I screamed too loud.

"I'm fine! I just saw a.... SPIDER in my room. Yup—spider! I got rid of it already, so sorry about making you worry," I sweat-dropped as I spat out an excuse on the spot. There was no way I was telling them that I freaked out over my hideous face. No way.

I quickly progressed through my morning routine. As I bombed my hair little by little, yesterday's event suddenly popped into my head.

Ash.

Indeed, he was quite an interesting person. It was hard to believe that he beat May, the champion's daughter, with such ease. After all, she was one who had won first place in the region-wide karate tournament! Regardless, it seemed that he would be attending our classes from now on.

Deeply in my own trail of thoughts, I caught myself daydreaming in front of the mirror and shook my head clear.

"I need to wear something good to show him that S-class wasn't just talk!" As I thought about my fit for the day, I yanked open my closet with both hands and examined my clothes.

"This is too girly, that's too flowery, and that's too bright... Hm—this is it!" I exclaimed as I pulled out a black blouse with a white collar and a red pattern at the bottom. Then, I peeked into my other drawer to pick out a pink hat.

"Okay, now I'm all set!" Grinning in satisfaction at my now-tolerable-appearance, I made my way down to the living room. On the first floor, I trickled into the kitchen only to see the rare sight of my mom, who was cooking breakfast. She caught me staring at her with a dumbfounded expression and smiled.

"Good morning Serena, how was your sleep?"

"Was good until you woke me up." I glared at her before narrowing my eyes at the pan in her hand. "What's this? You're making breakfast? You? BREAKFAST?!"