Chapter 13 - Gary Oak

[May's POV]

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself back in the test room. Dawn and the others were crowding around me with worried looks.

I knew what they wanted to ask me. Beaming from ear to ear, I nodded with a smile that affirmed their question.

"I passed!"

They all let out a relieved sign.

"MAY-CHAN! I FEEL SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" Iris squealed and wrapped her arms around me.

"For sure! Great job!" Serena beamed at me.

"Thanks!" I chuckled. "Where's Ash?"

"He was driven back home already because Ash looked pretty worn out, the next person is taking the test tomorrow since it's already two in the morning," Delia explained.

"I didn't even realize!" I looked at my watch and yawned. "I guess I'll go home today then." After all that work, I didn't even have time to feel tired yet.

"Same here," Misty and Dawn agreed.

Just when we was about to exit the room, two securities stepped in front of us and blocked the door. Delia spoke from the behind. "You can't go right now."

Misty looked at Delia in frustration. "Why not?"

"Don't get the wrong idea," Delia held her hands out defensively. "We've made an agreement with your parents that before you all become full-pledged assassins, you will be living with me! So come with me and I'll show you your dwellings."

Eyeing each other with puzzlement, we all agreed and followed Delia out of Mafia Org.

[Dawn's POV]

"Please." Delia's butler bowed as we all got in the limo. For a few minutes, we all remained silent until Delia decided to speak up.

"So, Misty and May, how was did you think of your test? Was it very difficult?" Delia asked as the car started moving.

"Meh." Misty shrugged. "It required a bit of thinking and skills but I guess it wasn't too bad."

"What did you have to do?" I asked her.

"Is it okay if I tell them?" Misty glanced at Delia for permission and she replied with a nod. "Of course!"

"Alright then," Misty started, "I was assigned to identify a serial murder that was hidden inside a cabin full of people and kill her."

We all gasped in awe. "Who was the murder?!" Misty inhaled and starting recapping the events in her exam.

———

"...and then the sporty lady died and we came back into the real world."

"That's so weird!" Iris exclaimed, "who would have thought that she was trying to poison everyone with cookies!"

"I know right!" I couldn't help but nod in agreement at Misty's exciting experience.

"Awesome! You did a good job, Misty." Delia sat back at her seat, satisfied with her story, "How about you May?" At her prompting, we all switched our attention to May.

"Well..." May scratched her head, "I had to be a maid for a day." My eyes widened. A maid? That must have been really hard on her because May was never the girly kind of person.

"You gotta tell us all about it!" I squealed while the others nodded in agreement.

"Alright alright." May sweat dropped. Just as she was about to commence, however, the car suddenly halted, making us all jump in our seats.