Chapter 6 - Mafia Org

[Iris's POV]

"MOM. I AM NOT WEARING A SKIRT!" I yelled desperately while running across the hallway, away from the group of servants chasing after me.

"IRIS. YOU'RE GOING TO WEAR A SKIRT, SO GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" My mom's threatening voice boomed throughout the hallway.

"NOT HAPPENING!" I screamed as I ran faster.

"Iris...!" My mom's voice suddenly lowered by an octave, and I froze on the spot. She was using the tone that meant I had to go long with her plans, or else it would not end well. Reluctantly, I sighed in surrender.

My mom was always the type of person who valued etiquette and public appearance over having fun. I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. They called me a wild spirit, a proud trait that I inherited from my dad.

Dragging my feet across the halls, I let out a dramatic sigh as one of the servants plopped a purple dress on me. She then tied a green ribbon on my waist, while another servant used a yellow ribbon to tame my hair.

"There—all done. You look great, Iris-sama!" She clapping her hands together, visibly pleased at her work.

"Thanks," I sweat dropped. "But I still don't like skirts. They're never comfortable to wear."

"Happy?" I turned to my mom with narrowed eyes and she smiled.

"Very." Ignoring my dragged groan, she nodded in satisfaction. Then as if responding to my displeasure, her expression turned serious. "Honey, you have to understand that today is a very special occasion. Not only are your friends' families are coming, but the leader of a famous mafia organization is coming as well.

"A what?" My eyes widened. "Mafia? Why would we even know someone like that?! We run a sports company for goodness sake!"

"Iris there's something I gotta tell you and you promise you won't freak out?" My mom seemed hesitant to speak as she witnessed my outburst. Nodding in agreement, I got in the car and she started talking.

[Misty's POV]

"So you're telling me that our family is actually a part of this mafia organization? Does that even make sense?!" I couldn't hide my bafflement at the absurd news as I raised my voice, unintentionally drawing others' attention in the ballroom.

"Shhhhh, quiet down!" My mom shushed me before continuing her explanation. "The aquarium business is actually just a cover up, we are actually a big part of the Mafia Organization."

My eyes widened. "You can't just throw this on me like this. From what I've heard, Mafia Org was a world-famous assassins group known for their dangerous missions and even deadlier team members. No one knows the location of their actual headquarter, but we're here right now attending the leader's son's birthday celebration?!"

She nodded. "Correct!"

"No. Not correct!" My head was hurting from this info-dump. "Why are you telling this to me now and not earlier?"

"We made a promise to leader of the mafia organization that we won't tell you girls until his son's fifteenth birthday celebration. Besides, they just came back from France a few days ago," my mom was sighing at my over-the-top reaction, which in my opinion, was far from being over-the-top.

"Wait." I lifted an eyebrow. "Girls?"

"Yup, Serena and the other girls are a part of the organization as well!"

I nodded blankly, as if I understood everything she said. Not going to lie, the lightheadedness was getting to me.

Really, wasn't this a bit too much?