Chapter 20 - Speechless

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 2K READS AND 200+ VOTES!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH <3

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!

———

After they broke away from the hug, Ash examined Serena's injured knee. "Can you stand?"

The latter slowly nodded and tried to support herself up, only to be pushed back onto the ground by the throbbing pain. Seeing her state, Ash kneeled onto the ground with one knee and took out an blue handkerchief from his pocket. Serena flinched slightly as he carefully wrapped it around the injury, making sure it wasn't too tight.

"There you go, that should stop the blood from spreading." He stood up and held out his hand. Glancing at his outstretched action, Serena gingerly placed her hand in his.

Her eyes widened as Ash pulled her up from the ground, but the unexpected force caused Serena to stumble towards him, falling safety into his arms as they ended up in a hugging position. Her heart pounded in her chest so loudly she thought it was going to pop out.

"T-thanks..." Serena stammered as Ash pulled away from the 'hug', his hand still clasped with hers. Ash's hand was surprisingly soft, and the warmth of his palm sent out a paralyzingly wave to Serena's heart. Then as if it was like magic, her knee didn't hurt as much anymore.

"You okay now?"

She nodded with a small smile as they slowly began to walk. Ash was taking small steps so it wouldn't be too difficult for her to keep up.

Suddenly, the trees ruffled rufffled behind them. Instinctively, Ash jerked his head around and extended an arm in front of Serena in protection. The source rustling noise grew closer, eventually revealing itself to be a wild bunny.

"Aww!" Serena slowly walked over to the bunny. Small animals were her soft spot.

"Hey. Don't go any closer, it might be evil," Ash warned her.

However, Serena just shook her head. "It's a bunny for goodness sake! How evil can it get?"

She approached the fluffy creature and attempted to pet it. At that moment, the bunny's head suddenly shot up, revealing a faceless black hole. Its facial features were distorted and it smiled horrifically with a mouth filled with fangs.

"Ahhh!" Serena fell on her back as the bunny threw itself at her. Just as its fangs was about to contact her skin, Ash threw the bunny onto the ground, yanked Serena on her feet, and started to run.

The two swerved their way through the forest. Serena's legs couldn't keep up the pace, so Ash was practically dragging her along the way.

"I told you not to get closer to it!" He yelled over the sound of the screeching trees and the screams of unknown shadows hiding all around them.

"I'M SORRY!" Serena apologized as Ash sighed. Suddenly, he felt a presence behind them and saw not one, but a group of faceless bunnies charging towards them.

"OH GOSH. WHAT DO WE DO? IT'S COMING CLOSER!" Serena screamed in horror.

Trying to ignore the panicking girl beside him, Ash took a deep breath and a glowing aura surrounded him. Gripping onto Serena's waist so she wouldn't fall off, he activated used his godspeed, zooming pass the group of bunnies in a split second.

———

The two stopped running and gasped for air.

"It looks like we got rid of them," Serena said between shaky pants. She threw threw herself into a ninety-degree bow. "I'm really sorry!"