Chapter 24 - Rumours

Thanks for 400 votes! You guys are the best ()
Enjoy this chapter!¡
♪───O(≧≦)O────♪

-

Ding dongggggg!

Ash groggily perked his head up from his pillow and opened an eye. It's been a few days since he got sick. But he's now fully recovered.

He slipped on a grey hoodie and dragged his feet to the door. The moment Ash opened the door, he realized that the whole floor was packed with people from Mafia Org.

"Need something?" He yawned.

They all turned their attention towards him, silence filled the hallway. Ash looked away uncomfortably as they all stared back. Within a second, they were all bombarding him with questions.

"WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND SERENA YVONNE?!"

"WAS THE PHOTO REAL?!"

"IS IT TRUE THAT YOU TWO ARE BETROTHED?"

"HAVE YOU TWO BEEN SECRETLY DATING?!"

"PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO U-"

Before they could finish, Ash had shut the door in front of them.

Betrothed?

Dating?

Photo?

Serena. It clicked in his head. He recalled not feeling well and then Serena was at his door. She said he had a fever and made him porridge.

The porridge was good.

That was all Ash could remember. He probably fell asleep after eating the porridge, but what were the reporters babbling about?

Knowing that thinking about it by himself won't help, Ash walked towards the balcony, opened the glass door, and jumped.

Literally.

-----

"And so..." May raised an eyebrow at the jet-hair boy who was in her room, "Why are you here?"

Ash shrugged, "I jumped. And your window was the closest."

May waited for him to continue but he never did. She sighed at his unspecific answer.

"I'll just call the others to come as well since you can't go out," she said as she pulled out her phone. She was a bit skeptical about the rumours that was going on ever since that was posted on the Mafia Org bulletin board.

"May-chan! Ash-kun!" A voice chimed, making May shudder.

"It better not be..." May thought as she spun around and saw Misa standing in the front door.

"Long time no see!" She winked at the two. Ash waved back half heartedly while May frowned.

"It's only been three weeks, and whY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!"

She wasn't sure how to deal with Misa. The first time they met, Misa has been going on and off about how she had a crush on Ash and how good they look together. She sighed.

This was a problem.

"Well," Misa stuck out her tongue playfully, "I just happened to be around!"

May just looked at her dumbstruck.

Was she for real?

"Oh I see," she heard Ash say. May turned towards him with a even more astonished expression.