Chapter 11 - Maid

[Delia's POV]

"So?" I asked girls, "who wants go to next?" Silence descended upon the room, with no one imitating the speak up.

I glanced at Misty, who was sitting on the chair on the side since she already passed the test. She looked at me with a shrug.

"Alright then, we'll do it the traditional way," I smiled, "whoever's name I pick out of the box will go first, no rejections?"

They all nodded hesitantly.

"It's alright! Believe in yourself!" Misty exclaimed from the side.

"Easy for you to say," Serena sweat-dropped.

"Are you all ready?" I said as I shook the box a couple of times before shoving my hand in the crease. Their eyes were full of anticipation as I took a strip of paper out of the box.

"May Maple!" I announced.

[May's POV]

I tensed immediately at the mentioning of my name. The girls all turned to me with worried expressions. Subconsciously gulping, I slowly walked in front of the machine. Ash stepped beside me.

"Good luck!" Delia activated the Game Portal and I felt my heart beat faster. With a lump in my throat, my breath hitched and I hesitated to step in the portal.

"Scared?" I heard Ash's voice. "Who was the one that called herself 'fearless'?"

I let out a long sigh.

This guy was definitely messing with me.

Was it working?

Yes.

"I'm not scared, who said I was? I was just waiting for you to go in first," I retorted sharply before looking away so he wouldn't see my flustered face.

He sighed and took a few steps back. "One, two, three!"

"What are yo-" I was confused at the sudden countdown, but before I could react, I was pushed into the portal.

"Kyaaa!" I screamed as the portal pulled me in.

"There we go," he said and jumped in after me.

When I opened my eyes, I was in front of a restaurant and Ash was beside me. "WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU PUSH ME IN HERE? WHAT WAS YOUR PROBLEM?" I yelled at him, unintentionally drawing in other people's attention, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

"Woah, this is a huge restaurant," He said half-heartedly, ignoring my overreaction as he made his way toward the building with his hands rested behind his head.

"Your expression is contradicting with your words." I sweat dropped. "Besides, the restaurant in Mafia Org was ten times bigger than this, are you the one to talk?"

Ash merely responded with a shrug. We were about to open the door when an electronic screen unravelled before us.

"Woah!" I exclaimed as Delia appeared on the screen.

"Are you ready to hear your mission?" She asked.

I nodded in order for her to continue.

"Alright! Now May, your mission requires you to work as a maid in this five star restaurant. The moment you step in there, your exam will begin," she explained.

"Wait," I said, tilting my head to the side. "How is this related to assassination again?"

She sighed. "Misty asked the same question. Assassins doesn't kill people for fun, nor do we only kill. We simply fulfill the quests of our employer. All the people in here acts like real humans, so don't treat them as NPCs."