Chapter 30 - Last Mission

"Misty Misty Misty Misty Misty!" The honey haired girl frantically paced from one side of the room to the other, "What should I do?!"

Misty took a sip of her drink, then sighed, "What do you mean?"

"I just told you the situation, remember--Ash's past and the promise I made?" Serena said, making Misty nod.

"But wasn't the promise to stay by his side? Just do what the promise says," the orange haired girl shrugged. She didn't understand why Serena was so concerned.

Serena shook her head from side to side, "But I feel like that's not enough, you know how sad Ash's past was. If I was him, I would of climbed into a washing machine and never come out."

Misty raised an eyebrow, "You like him, right?"

Serena looked away, her face red from embarrassment. It took her a moment to start speaking.

"Well, I guess."

Misty's eyes widened but then smiled, "I see."

"Why did you ask?" Serena tiled her head.

"No reason," she answered, standing up from her chair.

Misty hate to admit it, but she had developed a secret liking towards the raven haired boy. Ash may seem like a blunt person, but he's actually very fragile, she could tell. And because of that, it made her want to protect him.

But since her very best friend has a crush on him as well, she'll have to give up on that.

"Come on," Misty grinned, "Delia told us to all meet in her office in 10 minutes right?"

"Alright, let's go!" Serena exclaimed as they exited the door.

If she were to choose between love and friendship, then no doubt—friendship it was.

-----

"Alright girls... And Ash." Delia rose from her chair, a serious expression was on her face, making the girls nervous. They waited a minute for her to start talking but she never did.

"I'm leaving," Ash said bluntly as he headed towards the exit, causing everyone to sweat drop.

That sounds just like Ash.

"Wait don't leave!" Delia exclaimed as she pulled (well okay, dragged) Ash back to her room. She cleared her throat.

"How should I start..." Delia muttered with an uneasy expression, "This mission that I'm about to assign you is probably going to be the last mission you're ever going to do."

The group gasped at the sudden announcement. The last mission? Serena glanced over to Ash, he had an indescribable expression on his face. It was like he knew that was coming, yet he look... Sad?

"Woah what now?" Iris commented, taken back by what she said.

"What do you mean? Are you going to disband Mafia Org?" Dawn questioned.

"It's not for certain yet," Delia replied, "But this mission will decide it all."

Serena gulped apprehensively. The reason Delia created Mafia Org in the first place was to protect Ash from the underground mafias. So could it be...?

"What's the mission you're talking about?" Misty asked, uncertainty was heard in her voice.

Delia took a deep breath, "The underground mafias, as known The Demons, has declared war against the Mafia Org. Their leader, Giovanni is planning to attack us soon."