Chapter 9- Shutoku VS Seirin PART 2

Miyuki~~

Miyuki, unable to shake off Takao, who was marking her, had been watching Midorima score three pointers again, and again. Kagami had been taken off the courts with four fouls in the first quarter.

"Come on, Izuki-senpai!!" yelled Miyuki. 

The bell rang, signally the end of the first quarter. the score was 26-15, with Shutoku in the lead. Miyuki sighed. Midorima had improved greatly since the last time she had seen him. As far as she knew, he could only do half-court shots, but she watched him do that amazing full-court shot just now.

"Coach." said Miyuki.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think it'll be better if Izuki-senpai switched with Tetsu, and then I swap with Tetsu again?"

"So... You want Kuroko to mark Takao, and you want to mark Midorima?" said Coach, putting two and two together.

"Yes, pretty much."

Coach nodded. "Okay, we'll see how you do."

The bell rang for the beginning of second quarter, and Miyuki and Kuroko walked onto the court together.

"How's your head?"

Kuroko unconsciously touched his bandage. "I'm fine. No pain, whatsoever."

She nodded to Kuroko before going to her position, where Midorima was guarding her. Miyuki dribbled around him swiftly and took a half-court shot. It made it in.

"We're going to take this game." said Miyuki.

Midorima scowled slightly. Takao threw the ball in, but with speed faster than Aomine, Miyuki stole the ball and dunked the ball without anyone noticing.

"What? Where's the ball?"

Miyuki flicked her sweaty bangs out of her face, and straightened up.

"Sorry, Mido-chan, but like I said before, Seirin's going to win this game."

Midorima's eyes widened as he saw the lightning flashing from her eyes.

Zone.

For the first time, Midorima was frightened of a player. Three years ago, Miyuki had always played one on ones, and she had never lost. Not even Akashi could beat her. She had the skills of all five GOM, including the Phantom Sixth Man. But that was when she wasn't in Zone. No-one had ever seen the girl enter it. Who knew what she could do...

Akashi~~

"Sorry we're late!"

Momoi and Aomine walked into the front entrance, where Akashi, Kise and Murasakibara were waiting.

"The game's already started." said Akashi.

They sprinted over to the courts, and looked at the scoreboard.

Shutoku- 34 Seirin- 87

"They're losing this badly?" said Aomine, looking at the players.

Shutoku was exhausted, after trying to keep up with Miyuki's ridiculous plays. Although they were only 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter, Seirin had scored 60 points, and they hadn't let Shutoku even touch the ball when it was on the court, thanks to Miyuki.

Akashi and the others chose seats at the front, where they examine Miyuki's moves. Aomine grinned, obviously impressed.

"We can have a good match some time." said Aomine.

When the bell for the end of first half rang, Akashi headed down onto the courts. As he approached, Akashi watched Miyuki gulp down her water. Her eyes were flashing..... Could that mean she was in the zone? After ten minutes, the bell rang again, signalling the end of the break.