Chapter 49- Dark Alleyways

YOLO.

I AM BAAAACKKK. I'M SORRY IT'S BEEN UM... MANY MANY MONTHS. SOO... ON WITH THE CHAPTER.

Miyuki turned to face Toyama, the opposing team.

"We're going to win." she said softly. "If you touch any of my teammates, I'll personally make sure you won't be able to touch anything again."

The captain, Masako Hayate, who was currently in possession of the ball scoffed in ridicule. "Your teammates? Don't worry, I was never intending to touch them."

Miyuki guarded him closely, her eyes wide open for any misfortunes that might occur. But in a flash he drove past her.

"Of course that isn't the same for you..."

Miyuki took a second to register what he said, and opened her mouth to retort back, before feeling nauseous, and fell to her knees.

"Are you okay?" asked Kuroko, lending her a hand.

Miyuki shook her head. She felt dizzy, and her fever was rising up again.

"You feel really hot." Kuroko touched her forehead. "I think you should-"

Miyuki steadied herself. "No."

"But-"

"I'm the captain, and I won't be listening to you."

"Miyuki, you're ill. You still have influenza.

Kuroko looked at her before returning back to the game.

The whistle blew again, and Toyama was still in possession of the ball. Miyuki shook her head clear. Just one more match. And then they would be the Inter-High champions.

The whistle blew, before Miyuki blacked out completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think she's hallucinating."

"Definitely the flu."

The Inter-High final had finished. Nothing interesting had happened after Miyuki was carried off to the sickbay. Surprisingly, Toyama High School played fairly afterwards, displaying an unusual amount of sportsmanship.

Seirin had at last won the Inter-High. But there were still matters to worry about off-court. There were still more important issues than the winner's after party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akashi's eyes fluttered open. He blinked slowly in confusion, and tried to get up. What was he doing in hospital? His head turned towards the door as it opened.

"Ah, you're finally awake. Right, we're going to do some tests on you. But first, what is the last thing you remember?"

Akashi thought hard. His memories were slightly fuzzy.

"The... Inter-High semifinals?"

"Okay." The doctor jotted something down on his notepad. "Do you remember a girl named Kuroko Miyuki come to visit you? Do you remember what you did?"

Akashi slowly shook his head. "Why am I here?"

The doctor looked at him. "You were in the middle of your match. I think the opposing team had some sort of effect on you, and you started to hallucinate. Was that the first time you interacted with them?"

"No, in middle school I-"

He stopped abruptly.

The doctor put down his notepad. "You may be suffering from minor PTSD. Your brain is trying to prevent you from remembering your past. But at this stage, it's best to remember everything."