Chapter 55 - Injustice and a Resolution

Author's Note:

Honestly, I was actually going to abandon Wattpad altogether? But even though I hate what my twelve-year old self wrote at the beginning, I kind of missed writing random stuff. So I will now completely ignore the trash that is the first 50 or so chapters, and just keep writing until we finally reach an end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miyuki immediately scrunched up the note and stuffed it under her desk. She knew the handwriting. It was Ishikawa Azusa's. 

"Miyuki-san? Are you okay?"

Miyuki's head snapped up at the sound of Fusako's voice.

"You look a little pale. Do you want to lie down at the nurse's office?"

"Huh?" Miyuki babbled. "I'm fine. Perfectly fine. Yeah. Fine. Go back to your seat, class is starting in a minute. It's cool. Fine."

Miyuki clenched her clammy hands and watched Fusako return to her seat next to Ishikawa's. 

It's nothing... I'll just ignore it.

The school day went by in a flash, and Miyuki had barely processed any of it, the voices around her going straight over her head. But she did process the meaningful jab from Ishikawa Azusa as she walked out the door. But Miyuki wasn't going to let her win.

"Kagami, Tetsu, let's go." she smiled weakly.

"What kind of tortures do you have planned for us today?" groaned Kagami. "My muscles are still sore from yesterday. Can't you go easy on us for once?"

"Sure, sure." she murmured absentmindedly.

Kagami and Kuroko looked at each other in bewilderment, before following Miyuki to the gym.

"Something weighing on your mind?"

She turned to face her brother casually dribbling a ball on the spot. 

"No. What makes you say that?" she asked.

"You seem a little off-colour. Maybe you should go home today. Haruko and I can handle the practice today."

Miyuki waved him off. "I'm fine. There's nothing wrong. Come on, the others have started to warm up already."

Before Miyuki could even take a step, a jarring voice cut through the gym. 

"What are doing here still? Come with me now." 

Miyuki took a deep breath before facing Ishikawa. "Please leave. I have no business with you. We're busy training."

When she turned to join the others, an angry hiss emitted from Ishikawa as she dove on to Miyuki, knocking the breath out of her as they both fell to the floor.

"Hey! Get away from her!"

Out of the corner of her eye, Miyuki could see Katashi approaching.

"Stay away! Or else I'll break her arm."

Miyuki bit back a cry as pain shot through her elbow. Oh, she was going to pay. 

In a matter of seconds, Miyuki flipped Ishikawa off her back and pinned her to the ground, gripping her wrist. Cheers erupted from her teammates, but they abruptly stopped. In confusion, Miyuki turned to see the vice-principal staring at her, his eyes molten with anger.

"Kuroko Miyuki. Come to my office right now."

A burst of complaints echoed around, all telling the vice-principal that it was not her fault. Miyuki released Ishikawa, whose eyes glinted with happiness. Miyuki trudged after the vice-principal, building up an arsenal of arguments to fire at him.

"Sit."

Miyuki sat at the vice-principal's office, only a desk separating the two, each with anger bubbling inside them.

"You're a model student. So what on earth were you doing, attacking a student like that? And your own classmate too. I've received reports from her that you've been threatening her."

Miyuki bit back a chain of retorts as she calmly told him the truth.

"Where's the proof in that?"

"Ask my teammates."

"They would obviously side with you, even if you were telling lies."

Miyuki gave him a cold, hard stare. "Where's the proof that I've been threatening her?"

The vice-principal pulled out a piece of paper. "You gave her a note, threatening her to come to the PE storeroom."

Miyuki stared at the note. "Ishikawa gave that to me. She wrote that for me!"

"That's not what she claims."

"Are you siding with her?"

"I am not siding with anyone. But I was given solid proof from Ishikawa-san, however, you have presented me with none."

Miyuki lifted up the side of her bangs. "How's this for proof? She chucked a basketball right at my head."

The vice-principal surveyed the bruise on the side of her head. "You could've received that anywhere."

Miyuki angrily stood from the chair. "You're being biased."

"I'm being reasonable. Miyuki-san, I will unfortunately have to suspend you for two weeks. Any further-"

"You're kidding me. You're punishing the victim here."

"As far as I can see, you're not the victim. Any further resistance will lead to expulsion. Don't look at me like that."

"Fine." she spat out. "Fine. But once I prove that Ishikawa isn't the victim, I guarantee that I will have you fired from your job."

"You're leaning dangerously close to expulsion, Kuroko-san."

Miyuki slammed the door shut as she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Suspension? For something that you were a victim of?"

Kagami angrily smashed his hand down onto her kitchen table.

"I need solid proof." said Miyuki, pacing around the room. "Then I can get Ishikawa expelled, and then that asshole of a vice-principal can get kicked out too."

"Why don't you ask Sekiguchi-san? As a police officer, she can definitely offer you advice."

"Good idea." said Miyuki, slapping her brother on the back in thanks. "Let's go!"

She was interrupted by the doorbell. Miyuki opened the door to see Saito Fusako nervously waiting.

"Fusako-san?" said Miyuki a little coldly. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to tell you... I talked to the principal. And... I realised that Azusa isn't a very nice person."

"Took you long enough." said Katashi, appearing behind Miyuki.

"Sorry." she mumbled. "Your suspension has been taken back. The vice-principal is on probation. And Azusa... She's gone."

"Wow. That was unbelievably quick. We didn't even have to do anything." said Kagami, also appearing behind Miyuki.

"Oh. Well, thanks." said Miyuki awkwardly.

"I'm sorry about what Azusa did. But she's not my friend anymore. I won't have anything to do with her anymore. So... will you be my friend instead?"

"Sure. Whatever." Miyuki grinned at her.

Miyuki turned to Kagami, Katashi, and her brother. "Now if you don't mind, will you please get out? Us two girls need to talk."

The three males looked at each other, before muttering, "Girls." and leaving.

"Right. Let's resolve a few loose ends here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so that was a really weird way of ending this chapter, but it's been like 6 months, and I don't remember what I wanted to write, so I just wanted to end it as fast as possible. Hope you're cool with that haha oops