Chapter 13- Miracle

Miyuki~~

The Winter Cup was over for Seirin. They had lost against Kaijo for the first time. It was all over.

Kise~~

"Whe(r)e we(r)e y(o)u, Ki(s)e?!"

"Sorry. I was... occupied... this won't happen for the next game."

"Y(o)u be(t)ter m(a)ke s(u)re i(t) w(o)n't!"

"Yes."

 Miyuki~~

"Well, us third-years are retiring." said Hyuga. "Good luck next year. The captain will be Miyuki."

Miyuki zipped her bag and got ready to leave, before getting stopped by Riko.

"Coach?"

"Um, Miyuki, I have some news for you."

Riko shuffled her feet around.

"You see, Fukumoto was sent to hospital as well. And they did a scan on him."

"Your point?"

"He's not dead yet, Miyuki."

Miyuki's eyes widened. "He's... not dead?"

"Yes. And from hearing about what happened between you two, he'll be after you. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Y-Yes... I will."

He was alive. And he would be after her again. 

"Uh, Miyuki."

"Yes?"

"Look at the time."

Confused, Miyuki looked at her watch. "It's 4:52."

"And at 5pm is..."

"Craaaaaa-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"S-Sorry, I'm late!!" 

She had been so caught up with the Winter Cup and Fukumoto and everything that she had forgotten about the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It was the audition for the international violin competition.

"It's all right. Please get ready."

Miyuki took out her violin and adjusted the pegs.

"Right. I'm ready."

The piece was a slow one, but it was difficult.

Good. It's going well.

She had composed it herself, with the help of Akashi. It was the duet that the two of them had come up with each other, all those years ago in Teiko.

Teiko... Back when everything was normal.

Would life be ordinary ever again? Fukumoto had been arrested and charged, but it was only a matter of time before he would escape.

Concentrate...

She thought back to all those times in Teiko. With Kuroko and the others. Just casually eating popsicles. Talking about homework and basketball.

It's all over.

Miyuki felt tears slide down her face as she remembered scenes from Teiko, which were merely memories now.

It's all over.

She played the final note, which hung in the air for a few seconds before fading away. She stared over the judge's heads. 

It's all over.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Miyuki looked at the list of people who had made it past the preliminary round. And her name was at the top of the list. Well. that was done with. She grabbed her violin case and headed outside. She decided to go to Seirin's music room to practice for the first round, where she would be against Japan's top ten high school violinists, all with their eyes on that international winner's trophy.

She entered Seirin and heard the squeak of basketball shoes in the gym. She opened the door and saw the third years playing against the second years.

"Oh, hello Miyuki. How was the competition?"

"Got into the next round."

"Ah, great!"

"What are you being so optimistic for?"

"You'll see..."

Miyuki looked surprised. "Okay. Well, I need to practice for the next round."

"Why don't you play a bit first?"

"Ah, no, I'm not really in the mood."

"Okay, see you later."

What was this good news they were talking about that made them so happy? Literally just an hour ago, they were sad and gloomy, and could barely move in the Kaijo game. What had gotten them in such high spirits?

BZZZ

A text message.

To: Miyuki

From: Sei-chan

Subject: Urgent

Come to the hospital, and ask for Midorima and Aomine.

Those two were the only ones who hadn't been released from hospital. Had something happened to them? Miyuki sprinted to the hospital in no time at all.

"Ah, excuse me?" she panted to the lady at the counter.

"Yes?"

"Which room are Midorima Shintaro and Aomine Daiki in?"

"Um.. They are in... room 193."

"Thank you!"

Miyuki dashed upstairs. 

"I-I'm here!" yelled Miyuki as she slammed the door open.

And sitting up in the bed furthest from the door was the one and only, the Phantom Sixth Man.

~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, I know! I just wanted to keep this ending.

 AARRRGGGHH MY TETSU OF COURSE I COULDN'T KILL YOU