Chapter 52- Recovery

Akashi cursed as they walked towards him. Not only was he outnumbered, 6 to 1, but his broken left wrist was also an obstacle. He started to back away

"You guys are in high school. Why would you commit a crime?"

"She was getting on our nerves." shrugged Hirose Ichiro the vice-captain.

He gestured towards two of his team members, Fukuzawa Kenji and Igarashi Yukio. The two of them nodded their understanding and hauled Miyuki away.

"Oi, what are you doing with her?"

Akashi stepped forward, only to be intercepted by the other four. He swore in his mind as he backed away once more, his back hitting a wall. Before he could blink, Masako Hayate, the captain lunged towards him. In shock, Akashi attempted to back away further, hitting his head against the wall, and he felt his consciousness waver for a second. 

While his vision was clearing, he felt a strong blow against his shoulder blades, and he fell to the floor, and as more blows rained upon him, he fell unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miyuki felt hot, but at the same time she felt extremely cold. She could hear voices only a few metres away from her, and the noise made her head pound. 

"Hey, I think she's awake."

She felt the ground shake beneath her as footsteps approached. A toe prodded her side.

"You sure?"

"Yes. Get out of the way."

A pair of hands grabbed her shoulders and roughly pulled her upright. Groaning, she opened her eyes. She tried to rub them, but her hands were tied behind her back. 

"What should we do now?"

"Um, I don't know."

"You don't know? I thought you had all thought about this."

"Sorry..."

Where was she? Her head hurt so much, and she just wanted to lie down in her own soft bed. When her head cleared slightly, she noticed a familiar head.

"Sei...chan...?"

What was happening? Why was she there? Why was Akashi there? Why was he so beaten up? Who were these other people? As more questions filled her mind, she felt her head ache more and more, and eventually, her head slumped down onto her chest.

"Uh, is she dead?"

"Shut up Fukuzawa."

"Miyuki..."

She slowly raised her head again to see the redheaded figure stir.

"Sei-chan..."

The redheaded figure lifted his head off the ground and shakily attempted to sit up.

"Get away from her, or else-"

"Or else what? Do you even understand the position you're in right now?"

Miyuki and Akashi made eye contact, and she slowly shook her head, discouraging him from acting rashly.

"I'm sorry." he said.

She shook her head again, but Akashi turned towards Masako Hayate.

"Let her go. Please. She's ill. Can't you see that? Take me instead."

Masako laughed. "Let her go? So that she can call for help?"

Akashi bit his lip and glanced at Miyuki and nodded slightly.