Chapter 47- Inter-High Finals

"Oi, you there! Stop dragging your feet!"

The voice of Aida Riko echoed around the gym. The Seirin team were practising hard, as the Inter-High final was tomorrow.

"Okay! Take a drink, and we'll pack up. Then your captain will speak to you."

Miyuki gulped down the cool water, wiping her sweat with a towel.

"Hey, Tetsu..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you think... Sei-chan is okay?"

"Don't think about it. He'll be okay. Just... concentrate on the game for now."

Miyuki bit her lip nervously.

"I told you. He'll be okay."

He glanced at her reassuringly.

"He'll be there."

She smiled at him.

"Oi! Captain!"

"Oh! Right... Okay... Um... I won't keep you long. Make sure to go home, and eat properly, but don't eat anything too heavy. Have a good sleep. We'll meet at the school at 3pm. The match starts at 6pm, twenty minutes after the third place match."

She hesitated.

"We've been through so much. We csn do it. We, the Seirin basketball team, will win the match, and go home as champions!"

"Yeah!!"

Miyuki grinned, then turned away in embarrassment, her cheeks completely red.

"Oh my god... What did I just say..." she whispered.

Everyone laughed, and she turned back awkwardly, laughing with them.

"Hem... Well. In all seriousness, the team we're facing tomorrow won't be like any other team. They're dangerous. And with that said, the starters will be, Kuroko Miyuki, Kuroko Tetsuya, Kagami Taiga, Akiyama Katashi, and Furihata Kouki. We're going to be subbing in and out regularly, so everyone should keep warmed up. Got it?!"

"Yes!!"

Everyone separated, some talking nervously, and some chatting excitedly.

Inter-High Finals Day

Miyuki had spent the majority of the night revising game plans, and had a pounding headache.

She reached out for the thermometer.

'39.1°C'

She swore. At a time like this? She would just have to suck it up.

She went to wake up Kuroko, who surprisingly was already up and ready, and eating breakfast.

"Yours is there." he mumbled, with a mouthful of scrambled eggs.

She picked up her fork and shovelled as much as she could without throwing up.

"I'll be revising game plans. Can you tell me when it's 2, so I can get ready?"

"Aren't you straining yourself too much?"

"No no no. I have to do at least this much."

She walked back upstairs, trying her hardest not to collapse.

3pm~~

"Is everyone here?" asked Riko.

"Yeah."

After everyone else boarded the bus, Miyuki climbed aboard.

"Furihata... Can I sit next to you?"