Chapter 7 : Popularity Turnover

*Hello :3 Sorry for the late upload. We were busy -_- Annyway, this is chapter 7. Please comment and vote Xx*

Tamara’s POV ~

“You have some major explaining to do, mister.”

Andy sighed and looked at me. We were on the school lawn, and I had stopped to talk to him just before his tryouts. Last night I saw Nicole kissing her boyfriend, only it wasn’t him. It was Andy. He was shoving his tongue down Nicole’s throat.  I practically saved his sorry ass last night. If Marc had walked in on Andy and Nicole, Andy would’ve been dead meat. But I don’t know why, I feel like I shouldn’t have done that.

“Yeah, I know. But this isn’t the correct time and place.” He looked around uncomfortably.

“Then what is?!” I shouted. “Don’t stall this conversation. You’ve been ignoring me for quite a long time now. Do you have the slightest idea what you’ve been up to? ‘Cause I don’t!”

“Stop yelling. People are looking at us.” He then held my arm and took me a secluded spot behind the St. George statue. He whispered, “Listen, I get you’re pissed at me, but please can you calm yo tits till after the tryouts? I’ll call you later or maybe even come by your house, okay? I promise.”

“Fine.” I grumbled. “But if you don’t I’ll shove a basketball up your ass.”

He grinned, gave me a wink and walked towards the gym.

x---x---x

There he was. Looks like he made it to the varsity team. I saw a bunch of cheerleaders surrounding him and his jerk brother. I guess Andy was being introduced to the cheerleaders now that he was expected to bang some. Suddenly I see a flash of blonde on my right. Nicole was wearing her cute cheerleader uniform. Wait, did I just say cute? Wha-? Something’s wrong with me. I shouldn’t be drinking so much coffee.

Andy looked at me and walked towards me, leaving those hoebags hanging in the air. I felt kind of relieved, knowing that this popularity turnover isn’t going to change a thing between us. I hope it doesn’t. I don’t know what I would do without him.

“Hey, bud.” He sat next to me and grinned. “I made it to the team! Cool, huh? Now I guess you’ll have to wait in line to meet me.” He winked at me. Cocky bastard.

“You wish. Anyway, congratulations. I knew you were totally gonna make it.” I said as I hugged him. His chest felt so hard. He has been taking this turnover thing seriously.

“Now, isn’t this cute?” I heard someone snicker in front of us. No points for guessing, it was Nicole.

Andy immediately broke the hug and stood. I followed suit.

“You know Virgin Mary, you shouldn’t be playing with a boy’s heart when you know you’re not gonna be able to play with anything else of his.” She continued. God, I hated the name ‘Virgin Mary’. Nicole started calling me that ever since I refused to have sex with a boy at some random party. I told him that I wouldn’t sleep with him because I was waiting till after marriage. And since my dad is the pastor, I was called ‘Virgin Mary’. Fuck my life.

“Nicole….” Andy started.

“Let the woman speak, Andy. Where are your manners?” Nick came from behind. Okay so it was ‘Dump on Tamara’ day. Yay me.

“Whatever. I’m leaving.” I said. I picked up my books as I left to go. “You coming, Andy?” I looked at him expectantly.

He looked around a bit, especially at Nicole. I raised an eyebrow at him as if saying ‘Well?’

I dunno what to do.’ He looked at me. Unbelievable.

“They’ve got eye connection. Nice.” Nick grinned at me stupidly. I wish I could punch his little puny body. “Mellons, I think you should go out with Andy. He doesn’t have a girlfriend yet. But wait, you’re a virgin right? Bro, gimme deets when you tap that.” He punched Andy in the shoulder and laughed. Andy also stifled a laugh.

“Are we done here? I gotta leave.” I said and tried to walk out of the gang.

“Not so easy, VM. You didn’t say goodbye to Andy.” Nicole looked at Andy and winked. I have no fricking idea why he did this, but he smiled at her. Not his usual smile, but a naughty smile.

“Goodbye, Tamara.” He spoke as he looked at me.

I shook my head in disbelief and started to walk away. Suddenly, I thought of something.

Before leaving, I walked towards Nicole and whispered into her ear. “Babe, stick to one boy.” I could feel her body stiffen. There, that should shake her up.

And then I walked away with swag.

Nicole’s POV~

“Babe, stick to one boy”

I was so not expecting that. What the hell did Mellons mean by that? Did Andy tell her? After everyone left from our little ganging session, I walked towards Andy and pushed his shoulder.

“You told her?!” I whispered at him angrily.

“I told who what?” he asked, looking thoroughly confused.

“Virgin-fricking-Mary just told me to stick to one guy. What the hell? Did you tell her?!” I poked him in the chest.

“Ow, what? No. See, she saw us kissing that night.” Andy explained. “She confronted me in school today but I didn’t really speak to her. And plus, I would never tell her about us, unless obviously, we become exclusive.”

“Andy… I told you. I want to make it work, too. But Marc won’t like it. He might hurt you and himself.”

“Yeah, yeah, I get it.” He held my hand and looked into my eyes. I got butterflies in my stomach. Damn, I shouldn’t be feeling this way. We’re way too fucked up to become exclusive.

Someone cleared their throat nosily behind us. I immediately let go of Andy’s hand and turned towards the intruder. It was Virgin Mary.

“Uhh….I forgot my book here.” She took a book and took one last look at us. Andy looked around uncomfortably and I glared at her. “You both continue…….or maybe not.” She looked at us and curled her lips into a sly smile. After she left, I turned to Andy.

“Please, talk to her. I can’t let Marc know about us. Not this way, and definitely not from her.”

“Fine. But Nicole, I want you for myself. Soon. I can’t hide anymore and I too, don’t wanna hurt him.” He said and asked me whether he could walk me to my car. I agreed and so we walked.

On reaching my car, I told him “Listen, I don’t know about soon, but I can promise you that one day, you will be mine.” I kissed him on his cheek.

He smiled and opened my car door for me. I sat down inside and turned on the ignition.

“I’m already yours. But will you be mine?”

I looked at him. His face was so innocent, and so pure. Not like Marc’s. I wonder what answer I could give for his question. I just smiled at him and said goodbye.

Andy’s POV~

I threw my bag on my bed and lay down. Basketball was so tiring. But I made it, mostly because of the late night practices with Marc. I had to owe that to him. I owed him many things, actually. The conversation with Nicole was quite……intense. I even held her hand! Old Andy would never be able to even dream about that.

As I lay down, I looked up at the ceiling. I wonder what happened to Nicole. A few days ago she practically despised me and now, she wants to kiss me in the middle of the night. I hope she’s finally realized that I’m the only one for her.

Beep beep beep.

I removed my phone from my bag and saw that I got a message from Nicole.

Talk to her. Sleep tight. Xx’

Okay, I was totally expecting something better.

I will. I’ll see you tomorrow. :)

I was so looking forward to tomorrow.