Chapter 17: Shocks and cries.

Scotch thinks I'm a horrible editor, can y'all tell her I'm not :( 

~Butter xx

Nick’s POV~

Since Nicole was in charge of the Homecoming Committee, she made sure that everything was perfect and up to mark, but she also made sure that her little manicured hands didn’t get affected with all the work. Hence her little minions were the ones suffering.  Each and every  student was obsessed with her and obeyed every little command of hers. Unfortunately I was included in this little minion group and had to work my ass off. But I didn’t mind cause I invited Zac to help me out here a bit. 

Teehee…it was obvious I didn’t need help in this art department but my biology department needed help and only he could help me out. I was blushing insanely, it felt like all the blood in my system was carried to my cheeks

In a jiffy I took out my phone and texted him.  

Me: ‘See you tonight babe xx :*’ 

 I shoved my phone in my pockets. It wasn’t even a fraction of second before he replied. I danced mentally. My phone read message from ‘Honey-boo’. I know its so cheesy but it just felt right. My brightly lit up face suddenly changed into a frown the moment I read the message.

Honey-boo: ‘Can’t do tonight, I completely forgot…Boss has given me a truckload of work. Sorry, I’ll definitely make up for it.’ 

Zac’s boss was such a son of a bitch and it was driving me mad. I don’t care what he does as long as he gives me little attention. Doesn’t he feel the need to remove some time for me from his busy schedule? It had been days since I’d met him and every time I’d make a plan, he’d be busy doing something or the other. I couldn't concentrate on painting the stupid banner so I just threw the paint brush on the floor and walked away. Some guy called out for me from behind, I think his name was Ben, but I didn’t care. I was so furious; it literally felt like I was gonna burst out.

“Nick, get back here!” Nicole screamed at me, but I just showed her the finger and slammed the gym door shut.  

I hopped in my car and started to drive back home. I was just waiting to get inside my bed and cry my feelings out. I was almost halfway there when suddenly I took a sharp U-turn. I don’t know what took over me. I was driving to his house. I have been there thrice, before he started avoiding me. I wanted to confront him about his feelings. Did he not feel the same way about me anymore? Or was he genuinely busy and I’m just being paranoid as hell?

These thoughts were eating me up. I reached his apartment and stood outside his door thinking, more like mentally fighting with myself, if I should enter. I noticed his door was a wee bit open. I shamelessly entered and looked around. He didn’t seem to be around, I was about to leave before I saw a light from the bedroom. The bedroom light was on. I peeped in but found nobody inside. I was kinda sad he wasn’t at home cause I had all this anger built up inside of me which needed to be vented out.

I was about to leave when I stepped on a sheet of paper. I slowly bent and picked up this sheet and realised it had my name written all over it. I saw a bundle from where this sheet came. I quickly grabbed hold of them and started reading it. The title was: “My Secretly Queer Life.” What in the fuck. 

I learned that Zac was not actually gay and he started this thing as a project for his book, apparently that was the “truckload of work” his boss had given him, to see if he could survive in a gay sexual relationship.  My mind started having a flashback of the times we’d spent together. He never showed any signs of him being not interested. He pretended to be so into me and I believed him and loved him back. Who the fuck does he think he is? Who gives him the power to play with my feelings that way? The anger inside of me had built up to a crazy extent. I did not know what to do. I just sat there crying. I saw Zac enter but I didn’t flinch or get up from my seat. I could see him there standing holding Starbucks coffee in his hand.