Chapter 13: Good nights and bad nights.

Nicks POV~

Driving all the way back home was tiring but time just flew by. I guess maybe ‘cause I was thinking about Zac. His blue eyes have this crazy hypnotizing power that just pulls you towards him and allows you to just lose yourself in him.

*POMMMMMM POMMMMMM”

“Stop day dreaming, asshole.” a random person yelled who was stuck behind me. Jeez, didn’t this person have a better place to be in? I mean, it was the dead of the night!

I parked my car and went up my apartment. I tried to tip toe inside the house, trying not to wake up my mother.  She knows I have been feeling lonely and depressed these days but she never showed her worry on her face. She always smiled. She just looks at me with love and those pitiful eyes just keep wandering in front of my face. I never told her about my preference in sexuality. I did not want to disappoint her. After the death of my father the full responsibility has been burdened upon her. I love music but the reason I play at ‘Adam & the Adams’ is for the money they pay. I want to help her in every way I can.

I slowly went up to the kitchen and opened the fridge. The door of the fridge creaked a little. I pulled out the jar of milk and started drinking it when suddenly the lights went on and mom voice echoed the whole room.

“Where have you been, young man? Do you even remember that you have a mother waiting for you?” my mom demanded.

 That moment of panic was brutal and I had dropped milk all over myself and the kitchen floor. Mom was about to start lecturing me but when she saw I had dropped milk all over, she rushed and got a wash cloth to wipe it out.

Mom was taking her time so I just jumped in the shower instead, trying to avoid the talk.  I just started to apply shampoo when I heard the bathroom door open.

“Mom, I am in here. Come after ten minutes.” I yelled continuing to apply shampoo.

But my mothe did not know what her boundaries were. She came and sat on the toilet seat.

“So how have you been, son?” she asked calmly.

“Mom you can’t just enter the bathroom and started having a conversation.” I rolled my eyes.

“Why not? You are my son. There is no part of you that I haven’t seen.” My mom said. Oh dear lord.

I pulled the shower curtains to the maximum and made a small thank you prayer to God, for not owning see through curtains.

“Everything is fine, mom.” The same lie I always repeat whenever she asked me. I wanted to share all about tonight. My mom has been my best friend ever since a kid but then I met many other amazing people and this has caused distance between us. I wanted to tell mom all about Zac, the cute boy I met today and the way he made me feel. I have been crushing upon the whole way back.  But I cannot right now. This is not the time for me to come out of the closet.

“Child, tell me who it is?” my mum asked with little giggles in the between.

“Who?” I asked suspiciously hoping mom did not see me with him. But I just met him today that too at the bar. “Who?” This time I asked more confidently.

“The one who has been making you feel this way. Baby, I went through the same thing. I would like to meet the person you dating.” She said.

“What are you talking about?” I said and coughed frantically as the shampoo entered my mouth.

“Your cheeks have been burning up and you have been smiling like a complete idiot. You kept smiling even when you spilt milk over yourself. And don’t tell me you wore a blazer and that expensive perfume to go play some with ball with Marc. I might be getting old but I am not blind.”