An accident on 16th avenue

Kim's pov

I'm waiting at the bus stop so I can pick up my daughter Adeline from soccer practice. We'll ride the bus back to mom's house and she'll babysit while I work at the Nature magazine place. I'm a photographer for the better homes and gardens magazine.

Jason's pov

Dierks Bentley's drunk on a plane song describes my life to a T. The girl I was going to marry ran out on me. I can't believe I was stupid enough to take the chance. I've never been so pissed off in my entire life. I walk toward the bus stop but see a girl with a camera. Damn reporters

Kim's pov

"What the hell! I told her to wait for me at the school!" I cry, terrified as cars zoom by with my 6 year old on the other sidewalk. "Shit!" I slam on the button but nothing changes. She spots me. "Mommy!" She calls smiling. "Addy, stay on the sidewalk please baby girl!" I scream terrified. She's oblivious of the traffic. She doesn't realize that the cars are gonna kill her!

Jason's pov

"No!" The woman cries, staringn at something down the street that I can't quite make out. "Ma'am are you okay?" I ask. But I think she's too afraid to hear me. I think she's about to run out in traffic. "Don't move!" She cries. I look where she's looking. A confused little girl stands inches from the road with the cars flying by. Oh man, that kid's gonna get hurt. I see the woman about to make a run for it and grab her around the waist. "Let go of me!" She screams. "If you run out there you'll end up dead. You just gotta hope she stays on the sidewalk." I say, straining to hold onto her. "Let go! Please! That's my daughter! I have to save her." She screams, falling to her knees. I hear the sound of tires squealing and a high pitched scream. Uh oh. That can't be good. "No! Adeline!!" She screeches, running toward her. I follow. "Why didn't ya stay at the school?" She whimpers, brushing some hair out of the little girl's face. Her hands are shaking. I call for an ambulance. "I've called an ambulance. Do you want me to stay with you?" "I-I would appreciate that." She says. "Mommy?" The little girl squeaks. The mother chokes back a sob. "Yes, sweet girl, mommy's here." "Mommy my leg hurts and so does my head." She whispers. The ambulance arrives and she asks me to get in with them so I do. "Thanks for holding me back." She whispers. "No problem ma'am." I reply, tilting my hat. We get to the hospital and they take her daughter back. We have to stay in the waiting room. She's pacing like crazy. "Um, ma'am you're gonna wear yourself out." I say. She sighs and sits down as do I. "So what's your name?" "Oh uh Kim." She says. "You ain't a reporter are ya?" "No. Nature magazine." She says with a forced smile. "Wait a minute you're the guy who always plays on third street. I watch when I get off work." She says, staring hard at me. "Yeah that's me. Trying to become famous." I say. "I'm sorry but your name has slipped my mind." "No need to be sorry. It's Jason. And you're going through a tough time right now. It's okay. What's her name?" "Andeline but she likes Addy more. She was supposed to wait for me at the school! Why did she walk down the street!?" She sobs. I hug her. "She'll be okay. I'm sure of it."

*a long wait later*

Kim's pov

I rush back to her room and she's smiling and sitting up in bed. "Oh thank God!" I cry, falling by her bedside. "The doctors said I was very well behaved." She says. "Of course you were honey." I gasp, patting her hand. "Am I in trouble?" She asks. I shake my head. "But don't ever do that again." She nods then she stares at the doorway her mouth agape. "It's Jason Aldean!" She gasps. He laughs. "I see you've listened to my music?" He semi asks. She nods. "Mommy takes me with her to listen. You're a really good singer." My little darling says. "Well thank ya darlin'. It's nice to have such a sweetheart for a fan." He says, taking off his hat. She blushes as do I. "Thanks for taking care of mommy." She says. How'd she know about that? "Especially when you held her hand in the amberlamps. It reminded me of my daddy." "I uh? Amberlamps?" He whispers. "She means ambulance." I explain. "Oh yeah. That makes sense." He says, setting his hat on her head. She gets really excited. "I uh can we talk in the hallway?" He asks. I glance back at Addy and nod. "Well, she mentioned a dad? Is he.... Still around? I mean I know it's none of my business. I just wanna make sure you're taken care of." He says, making me blush even redder. "Oh, I'm divorced. He cheated on me. If you ask me the only good thing I got from that man was my little Adeline." I grumble, glaring at the ground. "She still visits him but only every other weekend." "Sorry if I made ya feel uncomfortable." He says. I smile. "You didn't. I was-" my phone rings. "Oh man it's my mom! She's probably worried sick!" I gasp answering it.

Jason's pov

I walk back in her room while Kim talks on the phone. "Can you sing me a song?" She asks. "Uh sure. What song do ya want me to sing?" I ask. "Blake Shelton's hillbilly bone." She says. I smile and sing the song for her. I don't have my guitar so it's just singing.

Kim's pov

I walk back in with Jason singing to Adeline. She's drifting off to sleep. I smile when her head lulls to the side. "You know you'll never get that hat back right?" I say, pointing. He laughs. "Eh, she can keep it. I've got several." He says, waving a hand in the air. "I hope this is not asking too much but could you run by my mom's house and bring her up here?" I ask. "Yeah sure where does she live?" He asks, almost instantly. I give him the address. "Thanks Jason this is so helpful." "Nah, it's nothin'." He scoffs. "I'll be back soon." He says, hugging me and walking out.

Jason's pov

I'll have to settle for hugging her until I ask her. I'm gonna show Kelly that I'm over her. Plus that poor girl is gonna need help. Just strangers on the street but that won't be for long.