Done

Jason's pov

"I always knew you'd come back for Joanna." He said. "So lemme get this straight. You've waited around for me for almost 6 years?" I gripe frustrated. He laughs. "Of course not. We waited for her." Instant fear shoots through me. "At first, you were only in trouble for killing our leader. But now you've killed dozens of us. And that will not go unpunished." "You'll have to kill me first." "JASON LOOK OUT!!" Kim screams. I look in time to see a bat hurtle at my face. I duck and grab it, slinging the guy backwards and grabbing Kim's hand. We take off running. "GET THEM!" I hear the man yell. I glance behind to see several goons chasing us. I feel nauseous from fear. "Kim, go! I'll slow them down. Just run!" "No way. I will not lose you again!" She shouts, pulling me. "I'm not fast enough. You'll just get caught. You need to go!" I beg, terrified. "No." She says, holding my hand tighter. Suddenly I hear a gunshot and searing pain rips up my leg. I scream and try to keep going but the pain is too much to bear. "Baby, you have to leave me." I gasp, grabbing the trunk of a tree to stay standing. "I can't let these guys catch you." "B-But Jason, I... I c-can't leave you." She whimpers shaking, crying. "Think of the baby, Kim. They will kill her. You've got to go. I'll hold them off. I promise, I'll come back.... Just like before." I grab her shaking hand. "Only this time it won't be five years. Run." I whisper hugging her tight. She rests her hands on her stomach, terrified. "If you can, bring Jo's body back. But only if you're for sure safe." She nods. "I love you." "I love you too." I whisper, kissing her. She takes off running and I hope and pray with every fiber in my being that she'll get away. I bend down to attempt to stop the bleeding from the bullet wound in my leg. I can't run away. I could try but they would catch me easily. Especially with a bullet wound. And I don't want to lead them to Kim. I have no clue what to do. I hear footsteps behind me and instantly freeze. "Where is she?" He growls. The man from the car. "You will never hurt that woman." I shakily say, not turning around. "Oh we will find her and when we do. You're gonna deeply regret it." He growls and I feel something hit me hard in the back of the head. I stumble forward caught off guard. He tackled me and kicked me in the back. "You're gonna wish you were dead by the time I get through with you." I've had enough. Enough of being pushed around. Beaten. Broken. Angry. I grip my pistol tightly in my fist, rage coursing through my veins. I spin around, still on the ground and shoot the fucker in the head. I stand up breathing heavily out of rage and adrenaline. The shocked look on his face gives me intense satisfaction. Now to find my Kimmy.