One Brave Wife

Jason's pov

I shakily fall to my knees as Gregory drives the van somewhere. "No... No please... Let this all be a nightmare. Please Let Kimmy and Adeline be okay!" I gasp, crying into my hands. We come to a sudden halt, making me slam into the doors and groan in pain. I hear Gregory laugh. I rub my head in pain. One thing is certain this isn't a dream. This is real and my girls, the two people I care about most in the world are at the hands of a madman. "Why them?" The van opens and I nail Gregory in the face. He stumbles back and kicks my legs out from under me. I throw my hands out to catch myself and he kicks me in the stomach. "Stop!" I gasp throwing a hand up. "Please Gregory, please I'm begging let the girls go. I don't care what you do to me. Just let them go." "You don't get it, do you?!" He growls, kicking me again. I hit my head on the van. He grabs my shirt. "You're gonna watch them suffer and beg and slowly die. Just like Jo. You remember her? Right? The girl that was killed because of your selfish desires!" "Protecting my family isn't selfish!" "And look where it's gotten you. What are ya gonna do now?!" "Ask a question." I say, shakily. He raises an eyebrow confused. "Why?" I ask. "Why?" Hr gapes, looking shocked by the question. "Why do you want to hurt me so bad?!" He punches me in the face. "Why?! Because you killed my brother!!!" Huh? "You killed Ben and now I'm gonna make you pay!" He growls. "Get up or I'll tell Skyler to kill the girls." I shakily stand up, my head pounding and blood dripping down my leg. "Skylar, are you at base yet?" He asks into a radio then grabs my arm making me walk to a building. "Um I'm afraid your Skylar friend is dead. Now you have five seconds to let Jason go before you meet the same fate." My eyes go wide, hearing Kim's voice. So does his. "W-What? What happened to Skylar?" "Adeline killed him." My hands tense up. Adeline killed him?! Wow! "I am looking right at you so I suggest you let my husband go!" He sticks a gun in my back. "She won't do shit." "Are you sure? My sixteen year old killed your partner, you don't think her mother can do worse?" I gripe annoyed with how stupid he is. I quickly punch him in the face and the gun skids away. We go into hand to hand combat til he kicks my legs out from under me again, my prosthetic leg coming loose. I try to fix it as he walks over to the gun then picks it up. Shit!! I hear a gunshot and am surprised not to feel any pain. I open my eyes to see a shocked expression on my enemy's face along with a bloody bullet wound in his forehead. I shakily stand up. "K-Kimmy?" I shakily gasp, looking around. A few minutes later, the elevator doors open to reveal my beloved wife of six years. Tears fill my eyes and I limp over to her. "I was so scared for you and Addy baby girl!" I gasp spinning her around in a hug. "You should've listened to me. You should've run." I whisper, holding her tight. "Never." She whispers, kissing me. "And Jason, I'm pregnant." My whole body tenses up in shock. Kim is pregnant. Everything is weighing me down. I feel lightheaded. I faint.