A Mother And Father

Jason's pov

I get back from the studio, the album finally completed. Kim was in the front yard with someone taking pictures of her. "What's going on?" I gape. "Oh Jason! You're here!" She cries, excitedly waving me over. I walk over confused. "It's a maternity shoot. For the baby!" I smile. "If you want, I can show you Adeline's afterward. But right now model with me!" Um... "I don't think so babe." "Oh please!" She says, grabbing my hand. "I don't know. I don't look the best." "Don't you say that! You know I love how you look." "You're just saying that." I say. "No I'm not and I know our son or daughter will want these pictures to look back on and see us both in them." I can't help but smile. "I love you Kim." "I love you too." I reluctantly walk over and pose for the pictures with my kindhearted wife. After the shoot, the photographer left and we stayed out front, talking. "I love that song you sang last week." She says. "I'm glad you do." I hug her. "Kim I'm so happy to know you. You're such a kindhearted understanding woman." "You make me so happy, Jason." I don't know how a man like me could make a perfect girl like Kim happy. We go inside and she shows me Addy's maternity pictures. "I still can't believe we haven't done this after all these years." She says. Wow. "You look amazing honey." After we look through the pictures, I stand up and say, "I'm gonna head to the store to pick up dinner." "OK." I kiss her goodbye and grab my cane. My leg has been giving me problems the last couple days. Probably from performing. It usually acts up after a while and I gotta use my cane. I get to the store and am surprised to see Adeline and Max, talking on the bench out front. "Honey, what are you doing?" She looks over and stands up. 'Hey dad." "I thought Max's mother said not to hang around him." "I don't care what she says. We're friends and she can't force us to stop being friends." "I can't stand my mom." Max mutters, walking over. "She's scared. I understand why." I say. "Dad please don't worry. We're okay. You aren't gonna tell Max's mom right?" I sigh. "I guess not." "What's going on anyway?" "Picking up dinner." Max glances at his phone. "Well I gotta get back to work. Nice seein' ya again, Mr. Aldean." I wave and he goes inside. "I understand where she's coming from." I say sighing as me and Adeline head inside. "It scares me to get close to anyone these days. Just in case." "You're not gonna leave again, are you?" I sigh sadly and shake my head. "I'm so sorry for those five years." "It isn't your fault daddy. I just wish you would have told us why... Or at least mom." I hug her. "I promise hun. I will never leave you or your mother again." No matter how safe it would make them. Just like her and Max. "Ya wanna make lasagna for dinner?" "Sure." We get dinner and head home. I'm surprised to see Kim sitting in the kitchen, just sitting. Nothing else. What's she doing? "What're you doing?" I gape. I walk around. "Oh she's asleep." I say ignoring how relieved that makes me. I had an overwhelming feeling of dread for some reason.I get started on dinner and Adeline wakes her up. "I thought of a great name if we have a boy. What about Liam?" "I love it babe." I say smiling and hugging her tight.