Talking And A New Song

Jason's pov

Me and Kim were just laying in bed, talking, my hands crossed on my chest, her on her stomach. "Ya wanna talk about it?" She asks. "There was this girl." I struggle to say. "I... They killed her... Because I wouldn't tell them where you and Adeline were." She stares at me shocked. "Jason, I just... I wish I could help." I smile. "Baby you do. Seeing you every day is the best thing in the world for me. I'll always be terrified. I mean... I only came back because I thought they were dead. Now I'll never know for sure if we're safe. I want to leave. I wish I could. I just... I can't think... I can't even fathom... What I'd do... If you or Addy or the baby got hurt... O-Or K-Killed... B-Because of me. I really wish I could force myself to leave.... Just so I know you're safe.... But leaving you again, I just can't bear it... Just having you and Addy here... Is enough to keep me going. You guys keep my crazy sane." By now, I had sat up and felt the tears run down my face. "Oh Jason." She whispers, turning on her side and staring at me. I kiss her. "I love you." "I love you so much." She whispers.

*a few weeks later*

Kim's pov

Jason was playing a concert. I couldn't get over that free spirited smile he had on his face. I was so relieved to see him smiling and carefree. No worry. No fear. No guilt. Finally genuinely happy. For the first time in a long time. Through hand motions, he quiets the band, holding his guitar. He walks to the edge of the stage and puts his mic on the stand. "Anyone who knows me knows how much my girls mean to me. They're my world. I wouldn't be standing here without them. And I wrote a song a couple months ago, and well I'm gonna sing it." Whoa. "Do you know about this?" I ask Adeline. She shakes her head, looking surprised. He waves us up and fans help us onstage. "I've got a hard head. I get that from my dad. And I can overreact... Maybe just a tad. I put up walls... To show the world I'm tough. When I don't get my way, I get difficult.... But when it comes.... To Lovin' me.... Baby you.... Make it look so easy. You're my refuge from the road.... My safe place to go! When I'm out here livin' on this ledge. Oh you're my compass when I'm lost, my anchor when I get tossed, and my right way.... When all I can do...... Is wrong... And when I'm circlin' the drain.... You keep my crazy sane! And quiet.... All the voices... In my head! Oh I've got a hard head. I was born that way. And it makes me wrong more than I'd say.... But I thank God.... Ya got a hard head too. I guess he musta known.... You'd need that to get us through..... Cause when it comes... To lovin' me..... Baby.... You.... Make it look so easy." By this point, I'm crying. And I can't stop. Of course. He hugs me. "Oh my gosh." I whimper, crying softly, resting my hands on his cheeks. "You make it so easy baby." He says, kissing me.