Back Where It Began

Jason's pov

*in his dream*

The man who killed Joanna walked down to the basement. They hadn't come down since. I glare at him furious but stay as far away as I possibly could. Not the easiest with only one leg and my prosthetic having been stolen by the madman in front of me. "Tsk, tsk, tsk." He says, smiling, his hands behind his back. "Look how selfish you are. Look what you caused by being a selfish no good dog!" I don't know what to say or do. All I know is I need to escape. I will escape.

*he wakes up*

And I did escape.

*the next day*

I very reluctantly get on a plane with Kim. We fly to Arizona. A squad of officers was waiting when we landed, due to it being a dead body we were going to retrieve. The place where Jo and I were held. "I am so scared right now." I shakily whisper, my hand shaking around my pistol. For protection. In case there's anybody hiding. "We'll be okay." She says, pulling my hand away from my pistol and holding it. "I don't feel right about this. You shouldn't have come with me." "You can't face everything alone Jason. I'm your wife. Your ride or die girl." I love Kim with everything I have. We make the trek through the dense woods. How I know where to go is beyond me. But ten minutes in, I reach the old poorly dug grave. "Here it is." "We should tell the officer." Kim says, a hand on my arm. "I don't know why they didn't come with us." I say, annoyed. "Who knows. I'll go get them." I grab her hand. "Not without me you ain't." "There isn't anyone around but us and the police officers." "You can never be too sure." I say. We both walk back out and my heart nearly stops, seeing the body of an officer, lying in front of the front door of the dilapidated hellhouse. "J-Jason..." Kim whimpers scared. I wrap an arm around her and pull out my pistol. We keep walking towards the road, along the way coming across the bodies of the other three officers. "Call 9-1-1, Kim." I whisper, pointing my pistol at the dense woods and keeping her as close to me as humanely possible. She shakily pulled out her phone. A deep voice whispers, "Finally." And I fire in the direction. Laughter echoes throughout the woods and we run for the squad cars. My stomach twists in knots seeing a guy dressed all in black. Obviously not on our side. "I'm scared." Kim whispers beside me. I'm too angry to be scared. All I know... They will NOT touch Kim. Not as long as I'm alive.