The Flashbacks Get Worse

3rd person pov

He turns over, hands gripped tight to the bedsheets, eyes shut tight and sweat rolling down his face. "No. I'll never tell you." He mumbles, turning on his side. A hand falling off the side of the bed, twitching every few seconds.

Jason's pov

*in his dream*

He slaps me in the face, the chains dig into my arms. "It'll be easier for you if you tell us!" He growls. I glare at him defiantly. "Never." I growl. I know what these bastards do to girls. Joanna. I can hear her screams down the hall. "Let that girl go." I gripe. "Tell us where this Kimmy is and maybe I will." My eyes blazen with rage. "I'll die before that happens." He smirks wickedly and slaps me, making the chair I'm chained to fall back. The guy behind me catches it and puts it back up. The douchebag walks back in, holding tight to Jo's arm. That's her nickname. She told me. "She'll die." He says, making me shaky with fear. "Tell me where she is." He hisses. My eyes stay locked on Jo's. "Please." She mouths. I can't. I can't let them get my Kimmy. Or Addy. They'll just rape and kill them. Like poor Joanna. "Five seconds, Jason." He says. I bow my head, fighting back tears. There's no way I'll ever tell them where my girls are. "Suit yourself." I shut my eyes tight. But the jerk behind me yanks my head up, forcing me to watch. "Stop! Get off her!" I screech, desperately. "Changed your mind?" I stay silent. "Jason, please." She begs crying. Tears fall from my eyes. "I can't." I say. The asshole stabs her in the chest, making her scream bloody murder. He holds her arms down as blood pours out of her chest and she gets weaker and weaker until she's dead. My fault. She's dead because of me.

Kim's pov

I hear mumbling. I open my eyes, trying to wake up. I think Jason's having a nightmare! "Jason?" I gasp, shaking him. He instantly sits up with his pistol in hand. "Get your damn hands off her!" He yells. I jump back, caught off guard. Adeline runs into the room after hearing Jason scream. He's not wearing a shirt and is soaked to the bone in sweat. "Go back to bed Addy." I say, resting a hand gently on his shoulder. She leaves and I turn the lamp on. "You okay?" I ask, worried. He stares at the bed not responsive. "Jas-" "I'm fine." He gruffly replies, standing up. "What are ya doin'?" "Getting in the shower. I'm super sweaty." He mumbles. I stand up and hug him sweaty and all. "I hope I didn't scare y'all." He whispers. "You didn't Jay. It's okay." "God, Kim why do you put up with this every day?" Tears fill my eyes and I look up at him, he's crying too. "Jason, I don't put up with anything! I love you. You are a brave, caring soul and I'd be nothin' without you! Addy would be nothin' without you!" I gasp, putting a hand to his cheek. He puts a hand over mine. "I love you too so much my sweet little Kimmy." He says, kissing me gently. I close my eyes, moving my hands to the back of his neck and around his shoulder blades. "You're the only cowboy for this Georgia girl." I whisper, making him back up onto the bed. I sit in his lap as we make out. His hands on my sides.

*a few days later*

We go to the doctor to see if they can help. Maybe something to stop the flashbacks. We were in the waiting room, him holding my hand.

Jason's pov

I haven't been able to sleep well from the bad dreams. My head keeps on slowly falling and I quickly wake back up. I shut my eyes but snap them back open a second later. A fearful gasp escapes me when the lights are dimmed and the hospital is empty and dirty. I stand up shakily. "Kim? Adeline?" I shakily gasp. Silence except for a swinging light fixture. I run for the door but it won't budge. Too weak. I hear the sound of metal on metal! Then a pain filled scream. A guy walks out, smiling. "Next." He says. "Fuck you." I growl withdrawing my pistol. "Now we'll have none of that." He says. Suddenly a hot fire like pain shoots through me. I hit my knees shakily and drop the gun. Someone drew a katana down my back. "Jason!! Jason!!! Snap out of it!!" I hear Kim scream. I turn my head.

Kim's pov

"Where is she, you bastard?! Let her go?!" He screams, backed up against a wall. My poor Jason. A doctor waves me over. "Jason, calm down. I'm right here! You're okay!" I cry, terrified. He's never acted like this. "Kimmy?" He whispers, closing his eyes and gripping his head. "Ahhh! God dammit! I can't think straight! Get outta my head!" He yells, making tears come to my eyes. "Daddy!" Adeline cries, hiding behind me. His eyes flash open, fear in them. "Adeline? Baby girl? Where are you?!" "I'm right here!" She gasps, walking out from behind me. He's on his knees and staring at Addy but I can tell he doesn't see her. "Addy be careful." I say, worried. He's unpredictable right now. But she walks over without fear and hugs him tight. His body tenses up. "Addy. I.... I'm so.... Sorry." He chokes out, hugging her back. I don't know if he's back to normal. Then he meets my eyes and I know it's my Jason. I quickly walk over and hug him too. "I'm sorry." He whispers. "Don't be." I say, looking right in his eyes. Well eye the other one is covered by the eyepatch. I lift a shaking hand to it and move the eyepatch. "Stop apologizing." I say. "Mr. Aldean, we know what's wrong with you." The doctor says. He looks at him worried. "W-What is it?" He asks. "PTSD." The doctor replies.