The Final Battle

Jason's pov

Carl and Adeline were playing in the pool while I was cooking dinner with Kim. "Is he staying for dinner?" I ask, watching them from the window. Kim smiles. "Yeah. Don't you get your knickers in a twist." I laugh. "Shut up." She laughs too. I smirk and get a scoop of ice cream and put it down her shirt. She screams and tries to get it out. "Oh you're dead cowboy!" She yelps. I laugh then she tackles me. I fall into the wall and grab her waist. We wrestle for about five minutes before I have her pinned. "Gotcha." She tries to free her hands, sweat from concentration on her forehead. I laugh. "You'll never break free. Struggle all ya want." She knees me in the stomach then tackles me again. "You brat! I'll get you for that!" "Um dad?" Uh.... My face gets red and we both stand up embarrassed. I serve dinner and grab a beer. "Can Adeline come to Max's bonfire tomorrow?" Carl asks. "That depends on three things, Carl. One will there be alcohol, who's this Max and will there be parents?" I say, trying to sound sophisticated and totally crashing and burning. I can tell everyone at the table is trying not to laugh. "Max is a friend of ours. We've been friends for about six years and no there won't be alcohol and yes Max's parents are gonna be there along with his grandma since she lives with them." I raise an eyebrow surprised. "So this isn't some rowdy teen party ya see on TV?" He laughs and shakes his head. "Can you drive?" Kim asks. "I can drive. Just not legally." He says laughing. I glare at him. "So I'm dropping her off, Mr. Illegal?" "My mom was planning on picking her up." I can't stand boys. Especially boys dating my daughter.

*the next day*

"You alright, Jason?" I sigh and nod. "I just don't like her dating. I'm worried he'll break her heart." "And she'll be okay. Break ups are natural." I glare at the door to my daughter's room where she was getting ready to go. "Ya know what else is natural?" "What?" "The dad kicking the boy's ass." I say, pointing to myself. She rolls her eyes. "Jason, she's gotta grow up sometime." Her door opens. "Carl's mom is outside. See y'all later." She hugs us both and runs outside. "She'll be fine." Kim says, smiling. I roll my eyes. "I've still gotta get revenge for your little ice cream fiasco the other night." Uh oh. "Babe, what'd you have in mind?" She laughs and smiles slyly. "You'll find out later." Oh man. She's gonna get revenge. I'm screwed.

Adeline's pov

Me and Carl were dancing to some music when a van pulled up. "Hey this is a private party!" Max shouts. A guy with an eyepatch steps out. "Who are you?" "It doesn't matter. You're Adeline right?" Carl steps in front of me. "That depends on who's asking. Cause as long as I'm here and breathing, no one is gonna touch Addy." I rest my hands on my boyfriend's shoulders, fear filling me. Who is this mystery man? He doesn't look good. He smiles evilly. "Then don't be." He growls, pulling out a pistol and shooting Carl in the head. I scream his name horrified then take off running.

Jason's pov

My phone rings, pulling me away from my make out session with Kim. Ugh. This better be good. "Hello?" "Dad?!" "Addy? What's wrong?" She sounds terrified. Kim looks at me confused. "Some guy with an eyepatch showed up and shot Carl. I think he wants me! I'm hiding but I'm scared!" I drop the phone. This is not good. I throw the blanket back. "What's going on?" "Can't explain. Gotta go!" I yelp, grabbing my jeans and desperately getting them on as fast as I can. I grab my pistol and pocket it then I open the closet and grab the katana that was used on me. "Let's go kick some ass." I whisper, sheathing it and attaching it to my belt. "But Jason-" "I gotta save Addy!" I shout, running out the door.

Adeline's pov

"Daddy?" I whimper shakily. "Don't worry baby girl, I'm coming. Don't let him catch you. Whatever you do, don't let him catch you. Stay on the line."

Jason's pov

I Bluetooth it and drive as fast as I can to Max's. "Daddy," "What is it baby?" "Daddy, Carl's dead." She breaks down in sobs. I fight back tears. "Sweetheart, I know you're upset but you have to be quiet." I hear the sound of a door slam. "Max!" She cries. "Is he okay?" "Other than intense fear, yes."

Adeline's pov

"What's going on?" Max asks. "I don't know." I say worriedly. "My dad's on the way." Max runs to a chest in the corner of the room. "Sorry about Carl." He says, biting his lip. I fight back crying so we can stay quiet. He hugs me then pulls out a shotgun. He hands me a machete. "Protection." He whispers.

Jason's pov

I park my truck. The house is on fire. The ret of the area is silent. I step out, a hand gripped tight to the katana. I narrow my eyes and look around. "Come out and fight you cowards!" I yell into the ash filled air. "Adeline!" The shed door opens and Max walks out with Adeline behind him. I walk over to her, passing Carl's dead body. Seeing that makes me nauseous. My little girl runs over and I hug her tightly. "Max, can you drive?" He nods. "Not legally but-" "I don't give shit about legalities. You get my daughter home, understand?" He nods shakily. I toss him the keys. "Get her outta here." He nods. "Come on Adeline." She hugs me again. "Be careful dad." "I will sweety." They finally get outta here. If there was anytime to fall into a PTSD moment, it would be now. I close my eyes but of course just when ya need it most, it doesn't come. "Come out and fight me like a man!" I listen for any signs of life with my sword bared. A girl drags herself out of the wreckage of the house. Poor kid. A gunshot takes her out, making me scream. I turn around, facing the eyepatch guy. "Long time no see." He says with a smile. "I'm going to kill you.... All of you... Once and for all." I whisper, furious. "Oh really?" Six other guys walk out of the woods surrounding me. I close my eyes and smile, letting my fear take over and my dark side come out. "You've fucked with the wrong person." I growl.

Kim's pov

I notified the police and calmed the kids down. "Were you the only two alive?" I ask. "My sister was inside. I don't know if she is okay." Max mumbles, fearfully. The door opens. Jason drops a blood drenched katana to the ground, blood dripping off him and his eye twitching. "They're dead. They're all..... Dead." He whispers. "What about my sister?" Max cries beggingly. He stares at him sadly. "Sorry kid. They're all dead." He whispers, walking to our room. He's really shaken up by this.

Jason's pov

I grip the bedsheets, exhausted, terrified, shaken up. So many..... Dead kids. That'll fuck anyone up. The door opens. Kim walks in, looking worried. "You okay." For the first time, I can't lie about how I feel and pretend I'm okay. I saw ten kids get murdered today. I stare at the ceiling, unable to think, let alone speak. "Jason." "They're all dead." I force myself to say. "Addy and Max..... Were the only survivors of that attack." She lays beside me. "Are you gonna be okay?" I shakily sit up, my hands covered in caked on dried blood. The blood of enemies.

Kim's pov

He stares at his hands, horrified. Tears come to his eyes. "I'm a murderer, Kimmy." "No you're not!" I gasp, hugging him. He cries into his hands. What can I do to help him?