A Happy Ending

Jason's pov

I run through the woods, desperate to find Kim before anyone else does. "Baby!" I cry terrified turning around, my leg killing me. "Kim!! Kim where are you?!" I continue through the woods and find my wife bent over crying. "Please come quick. I'm so scared. I don't know what they'll do." She must be on the phone with the police. I quickly stumble over and she screams before seeing its me. "Shh its okay. We're safe." I say hugging her. "I shot the other guy but I know there's more." "Oh Jason!" She whimpers crying and hugging me. I hold her tight relieved. A few minutes go by, us kneeling beside Joanna's grave when I hear a squad car in the distance. The officers get to where we are.

*a few days later*

I couldn't help but tear up. Jo is finally getting a proper burial after six long years of being in the woods, all alone. I hug Kim as she cries. We went to the doctor and thankfully the stress hasn't had any negative effects on the baby. "I love you." I whisper, kissing her temple. "Do not ever tell me to abandon you again." She whispers against my chest. "I can fight and I will. I won't leave you again." I sigh. "I love you so much, Kimberly."

*a few months later*

The piercing screams of my newborn daughter completely and totally startle me into a new state of shock. One I have never felt before. The doctor hands the tiny amazing baby to me. And for once I can cry, not out of fear, or anger, or pain. But happiness. "Welcome to the family Joanna." I shakily whisper hugging this amazing baby to my chest and crying my eyes out.

THE END