Chapter 4

And it was by five words.

"Damn it, I'm not lying!" I yelled.

Uh oh..

***

"Excuse me?" Dad asked, standing up and looking at me from across the table.

"Da-"

"Did you just cuss at me?" He asked, in a firm voice.

"I-I.." I couldn't find any words to say. I knew what was coming.

"You what?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I didn't mean too." I said, looking down at my lap.

I felt his hand come to my jaw, and he forced me to look at him. But I caught a slight glance of everybody else.

They all had disappointment in their eyes. And that is the one thing I hate.

"Look at me when you are speaking to me." He said. I don't like it when this Dad comes out of my Dad.

"I'm sorry." I said. He just shook his head. I'm definitely in for it now.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. I will not except you cussing, and especially towards me." He said.

"I know, but I don't like it when you say I'm lying and I'm really not." I said.

"Does that give you permission to cuss at me?" He asked, letting go of my jaw, and crossing his arms.

"No, bu-"

"But what?" He asked. Why is he being so difficult?

"Never mind." I said, shaking my head.

"I am letting you off the hook this time. If I ever hear you cuss again, you will be grounded." He said. I nodded.

This sucks. I hate when I get in trouble. But I never seem to stay out of it.

Dad left the room, and I just sat at the table with my Uncles. And of course they're all staring at me.

"Eve..." Uncle Harry started out. I just sighed.

"I know. Just please stop talking about it." I said. They nodded, and let it go from there.

*The next day*

From: It'sMeJackxx

Hey xx

Oh my gosh...

To: It'sMeJackxx

Hey:)

I sent it, and thought.. I should have never sent a smiley face... Oh no.

Now he's gonna think I like him! He's gonna hate me now!

Nooooo

My phone buzzed, and I hesitatly looked at it.