Chapter 49

I woke up with a start, and started coughing my guts up. Not literally though.

I kept coughing, and then my door opened. Dad came in and ran to my side.

He wiped my hair back, and I finally started to settle down from my coughing fit.

"Are you okay?" Dad asked. I shook my head. He went into my bathroom and came back with a disposable cup or water.

"Thanks." I croaked out and then drank my water.

"What hurts?" He asked. I pointed to my throat, and my head.

"M-"

"Don't try talking, love. Try and get some sleep and tomorrow we'll see how you feel." He said. I nodded and he kissed my head and left.

***

I woke up the next morning and smelt pancakes. It seems awful late in the morning.

The sun's up. The sun is never up when I go to school. Is this a miracle that I was aloud to sleep in?

I reached over for my phone, but couldn't find it. I looked all over but it wasn't there.

One minute I was fine and looking for my phone, and now I'm coughing.

I tried to make it less noisy so Dad wouldn't come up here. I ran into my bathroom and coughed.

Maybe another shut door would help. Who knows.

When I was done, I brushed my teeth and went downstairs.

"Good morning. How do you feel?" Dad asked, coming over to where I took a seat and feeling my head.

"The same." I said. He nodded. "Do you know where my phone is?"

"Yeah. I took it when you woke up in the middle of the night so your alarm wouldn't go off. You didn't look so good so I told Harry that you were staying here today." Dad said, pulling my phone out and giving it to me.

"Thanks." I said. Uncle Louis put a plate in front of me, I grinned at him and dug in.

When I was done eating I just sat there. I was feeling really sick. I tried to contain myself from puking.

All of a sudden I hoped up and ran for the bathroom. I sat in front of the toilet and threw everything up.

I felt someone holding my hair and rubbing my back. By the looks of their shoes, it's Dad.

I cringed at the sight and flushed the toilet. I went over to the sink and washed out my mouth.

I put mouthwash in, and then spit it out. Dad looked at me concerned when I turned back to him.

"Are you okay? I've never seen you this sick before." He said. I waved him off.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Let's go do a checkup." Dad said. I shook my head fast.

"No. I'm fine. I'm just going to lay on the couch." I said, trying to walk by him.

"Evelyn." He said, blocking the way out.

"Dad. Seriously, I'm fine." I told him. He shook his head.

"Come on." He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to his office.

"Dad." I whined. He sat me on the table, and got out his tools.

Tools sounds a bit harmful. But that's the only word I can think of.

"Stop whining, love." He said. He took my temperature, and looked at it.

"What is it?" I asked.

"99.7" He said, shaking his head.

He did everything else that he had to, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked, agitated.

"I have no clue what wrong with you. I'd say it was a little cold, but you were puking." He said.

"Some people puke when they have a cold." I told him.

Look who the new doctor it now! Me!

"I know. But it's never happened to you before, so why would it just start now?" Dad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sassy." I mumbled.

"Go lay on the couch." He said, cleaning up. I nodded and got up but immediately regretted it.

I felt dizzy, so I grabbed onto Dads arm and closed my arms until I felt better.

When I did, I gave him a reassuring grin and went to the living room.

"You okay?" Uncle Niall asked when I laid down. I nodded.

"Yeah. Just a bit of a cold." I said. Uncle Zayn came over and covered me up. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He said. I snuggled into the blankets and watched what was playing on the telly.

***

Dad would not leave me alone. Every move I would make, he'd be by my side to see if I was okay.

It was getting annoying.

I bet if I turn over and reach for my water his eyes will immediately look to me.

I turned over and started to reach for my water. Only for another hand to grab it and hand it to me.

I sighed and took a drink. I went to place it down but Dad beat me to it.

"Dad. I can reach for my water." I said, sighing.

"You're sick-"

"Okay? I didn't know I couldn't move when I'm sick." I said, giving him a look.

"I'll let this slide cause you don't feel good." He said, giving me a look back.

"I'm going to go upstairs." I told him, getting up to go upstairs.

"Call for me if you need me, okay?" Dad said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

I went upstairs, and just laid in my bed. I'm so tired. And sick. Clearly.

My eyes flickered towards the window and I suddenly got an idea.

I hopped up and walked towards the window. I opened the window and let the wind come in.

I poked my head out and looked towards the sky. I got on my window seal, and hoisted myself up on the roof.

I put my hands behind my head and just looked at the sky.

No Dad bugging me.

Feels nice.

***

Hey guys!

How's it going?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Guys! The end is coming soon:(

I'm sad:(

But!

The next story will beeeee....

Niall Horans Daughter!

Favorite shopping store?

Thank you!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G<3