Chapter 24

We walked into the living room, with Uncle Niall basically carrying me where everybody else was. I sat by Dad and looked at him.

"Hey Dad?" I said.

"What's up?" He asked, looking at me. Meaning everybody was looking at me.

"Whenever I fell at the web, I think I twisted my ankle. And I kind of just fell on it." I said sheepishly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, looking at me.

"I thought it'd get better." I said. He sighed, and patted his lap.

"Put your foot up here." He said. I put my sock covered foot in his lap, and he laughed.

"What?" I asked. He just kept laughing.

"Why are you wearing those socks?" He asked.

My socks had 'I <3 1D', and pictures of their faces on stick bodies.

"I couldn't find any others!" I said, giggling. They all laughed.

"You need upgraded socks. These are from like 2012." Uncle Louis said, laughing.

"Can we stop making fun of my socks?!" I asked, giggling.

"Who got you those anyways?" Dad asked, still laughing.

"Oh my gosh. It was like 2013, and I came across them as a joke, so I bought them." I said, covering my face.

"Oh goodness." Dad said, shaking his head.

"Can we get to the real point for why you're seeing my sock?" I asked.

"Right." Dad said, pulling my pants leg up.

"Woah." They all said.

"What?" I asked.

"It's swollen. Why didn't you tell me it hurt sooner?" Dad asked.

"I thought it would heal itself." I said, wincing a few times when he pressed down.

"Okay. Well, I think it might actually be broke. Would you rather me wrap it? Or go to the hospital?" He asked.

"Do you have the stuff?" I asked, he nodded.

"Yeah. You're too clumsy for me not to have it here." Dad said. I glared at him, and punched his shoulder.

"You can do it." I said. He nodded, and carefully put my leg on the couch, and got up.

He went towards his office thing, and came back with a big kit.

"What colour?" He asked. I thought for a second.

"Light blue." I said. Dad had a lot of colours.

He nodded, and started to put it on.

***

"This is so big!" I said, looking down at the cast that was a little below my knee.