Chapter 41

I'm in for it now. If Uncle Harry doesn't believe me, there is no way in hell Dad will.

After Uncle Harry said that, I went back to class and dreaded the moment we went home.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked from next to me. I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it." I said. He sighed, and scooted his chair closer to mine.

"You can't lie to me, babe." He said, putting his hand on my thigh.

"I went to the bathroom in the other class and met my friend there. Turns out she smokes. She asked me to hold her cigarette for her.." I said, not being able to finish.

"Oh no. What happened?" He said, rubbing my thigh for comfort.

"Somebody came in and caught me holding it. Now Uncle Harry doesn't believe that it was hers and not mine." I said, wiping the single tear that dropped.

"It'll be okay." Jack said, kissing my cheek.

"No it won't!" I said, pushing him off of me. I laid my head on my desk and closed my eyes.

Jack rubbed my back, and I was thankful that he knew when to talk and when to just comfort me without talking.

After a few more minutes the bell rang. I slowly got up, and stood in front of Jack since he was waiting for me.

I leaned forward and put my head on my chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and I sighed.

I needed this.

We pulled away and started walking out. He stood in front of the office with me, and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Text me, okay?" He said, looking into my eyes.

"Okay." I said, nodding. I leaned up and pecked his lips before saying bye to him.

I walked in the office and sat in a waiting seat to wait for him.

"Let's go." Uncle Harry said, locking his office door.

I nodded and stood up next to him. We left the school, and went to his car.

We got in and started our silent drive home. That is until I broke it.

"Are you going to tell Dad?" I asked. Of course it was a stupid question that I knew the answer to.

I just wanted to see if I was right.

"Am I going to tell your father? Is that even a question? I catch you smoking in the bathroom, and you expect me not to tell him?!" He said, yelling the last part.

"I wasn't smoking though!" I yelled back.

"You weren't? Okay, so why was it in your hand?" He asked.

"I was holding it for her!" I said.

"Smoking or not, you should have never held it for her! We raised you to never smoke, and especially not to touch one!" He yelled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at him.

"When you were five or so, you found Zayns cigarettes. You went to reach for one, but we smacked your hand away saying, 'hurt baby'. Do you ever have those times when you see people smoking and automatically think that it'll hurt them?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. All the time." I said.

"It's because we have always told you that it would hurt you." He said.

I sighed, giving up on this conversation. I already knew that I wasn't going to win and that he would never believe me.

When we pulled up to the house, we got out and went inside. I slowly took off my shoes and placed my backpack on the ground.

"How was school?" Dad asked. I just shook my head, sitting in the other couch where nobody was.

"What's wrong?" Uncle Louis asked.

"I'm sure Uncle Harry will tell you." I said, sighing sadly and looking down.

"What's happening, mate?" Dad asked as Uncle Harry came in.

"I was in my office today and the athletic director came in with Eve and her friend Bailey. She said she caught Eve with a cigarette in her hand." Uncle Harry said.

I looked over at Dad to see him staring at Uncle Harry. And then his eyes narrowed and met mine.

3, 2, 1-

"Excuse me?! You were smoking a cigarette?!" Dad yelled.

"No! Dad I wasn't!" I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"Then explain how you were caught smoking." Dad said, crossing his arms.

"Bailey was smoking! She asked me to hold it for her while she got her perfume out." I said.

"Why were you holding it either way?" He asked.

"I don't know! I know I should've told her I wouldn't hold it, but I didn't! A-And I'm sorry!" I yelled, holding my head and resting my elbows on my knees.

"Come with me." Dad said, standing up.

"Where are we going?" I asked, wiping my tears away.

"I'm making you take a test to see if you smoked." Dad said, opening his doctor office door.

"Why won't you believe me?!" I asked.

"Because I wasn't there to know what to believe!" He yelled.

He turned around and went to the cabinets. He came back with this machine thing, and put the mouth piece in my mouth.

"Whaft-"

"Just breath in and out." He said. I nodded and kept breathing.

When the test was done, he took the mouth piece and tossed it in the trash can.

He put the machine on the table next to my legs and pushed some buttons.

"When will we know?" I asked, looking at the machine.

"About 10 minutes. Until then, I want you to know that if it said nicotine was in your body and in your breath, you won't live to see daylight." He threatened.

I nodded and looked down.

If it went in my body at all it was second hand smoke. I didn't smoke straight from the cigarette.

Hell, I didn't smoke at all!

The machine beeped 10 minutes later, and we waited to see what it would said.

"Nicotine intake: 0%" The machine said.

Yes!

***

Hey guys!

How's it going?

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

I apologize for not updating.

Friday I had a game to cheer at, and I was in the parade that was before the game.

I usually update at 5.30 NY time, but I had to be at the parade at 5 so I couldn't get to it.

And yesterday I was running around getting ready for homecoming.

Thank you all though!

How old are some of you?

I'm 14:)

Thanks!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G<3