Chapter 18

"Jack!" I yelled, running over to him and leaving Dad and Uncle Harry's side.

"Hey. What's up?" He asked.

"I can't go out on Friday.." I said. He nodded, and looked down.

"That's okay." He said.

"But.. My Dad said that you could come over for dinner Friday." I said, grinning at him.

"That means that I'll have to meet everybody in your family." He said.

"No. Just my Uncles." I said.

"Everybody." He said. I laughed and shook my head.

"Whatever. But do you want to?" I asked, hopefully.

"Sure. Why not?" He said. I smiled, and gave him a hug.

"Okay. Enough of that. Let's get to class." Uncle Harry said, walking over to us.

Uncle Harry put his arm around my shoulder, and started walking towards my classroom where Dad was leaned against the wall.

"Is he coming?" Dad asked. I nodded.

Friday, Friday, Friday.

***

Friday

It was finally Friday, and I was just a little nervous.

Jack was shaking from being so nervous. I felt so bad for him.

I tried to tell him a million times that there was nothing to be scared of, but he won't listen.

Dad glaring at him every time he walked by, or communicated with me, was definitely not helping his nerves.

We're driving home now, and he was planning on coming about 5:30. Because usually they don't start cooking till 5:30.

So we get to hang.

I hope.

When we got home, I went to the living room, and called a family meeting.

"What's up?" Uncle Zayn asked, taking a seat.

I stood in front of them all, and looked over their faces.

"Can you all do me a favor?" I asked them. They nodded.

"Sure. What's up?" Uncle Louis asked.

"Can you at least try not to scare him?" I asked. They all chuckled.

"We're gonna do what we have to do." Dad said. I rolled my eyes, and sat on the little table in front of the couch.

"Just don't be too harsh, okay?" I told them.

"Yeah, yeah. Come to the kitchen table and do your homework." Dad said.

"I do-"

"And don't say that you don't have any. I'm in all of your classes, remember?" Dad said.

"But it's Friday." I said.

"Get it done before you're stuck Sunday night doing it." He said.

I nodded, and went to the kitchen table to get it done.

When it was done, I put my backpack upstairs in my room, and then I heard a knock on the door.

I raced down the stairs to beat them to the door, but it was too late.

"Well, hello there." Uncle Louis said, opening the door.

"Hi, I'm Jack." Jack said, putting his hand out.