Chapter 38

*Recap*

And before I know it there was a broken plate on the floor, and an angry Dad in the room.

Shit.

***

"Uhm..." I started. I have no clue what to say.

He'll be mad either way.

"What the hell did you do?" Dad asked in a low threatening voice.

Oh you know, got mad that you're forcing me to eat so I threw the plate.

"Dad, I swear, I didn't mean to do that." I said, tears coming up in my eyes.

"Then why did you?!" He yelled at me.

"I don't know! I was angry that you made me sit in here and eat!" I said.

"So that gives you the right to throw your plate across the floor?" He asked. I sighed.

"No." I said.

He stepped over the glass with his shoes, and came over and picked me up bridal style and carried me to the living room.

He sat me on the couch and went towards the living room closet. He got the broom and dustpan, and went back to the kitchen.

"What happened?" Uncle Louis asked from beside me.

"I accidentally threw my plate across the floor." I mumbled.

"How did you 'accidentally' do that?" He asked.

"I was just mad about him making me stay in there till I was done. Before I even knew it, the plate was shattered. And now he's mad." I said, wiping some of my tears.

"Don't worry, love. He might be mad, but he'll get over it." He said, putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him.

I sighed, and snuggled into him.

"I'm going to take her bed." I heard Dad say.

"Carry me?" I asked, smiling at him.

He sighed, but picked me up. I snuggled into his chest, and closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry about the plate." I mumbled. He nodded, and sat me on my bed.

"It's fine. I'm just trying to get you to eat healthy." He said.

"I will from now on, just don't try to shove it down my throat." I said. He nodded.

He pulled the blanket on me, and kissed my forehead.

"Sleep tight, baby." He said. I nodded.

"Night." I said.  He turned off the lights, and shut my door.

I'm so tired.

***

"Wake up, love." Dad said, shaking me. I sighed, but opened my eyes.