Chapter 43

When I woke up the next morning, I got up and went downstairs after I got ready.

"Good morning." Dad said when I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." I said. I went to the cabinet and took out the cereal and started to make myself a bowl.

"Morning." Uncle Harry grumbled, walking into the kitchen.

"You're late." I said. He shook his head, and started to make himself breakfast.

"I'm just gonna come in with you since I can.. So I'll just take you to school." He said, chuckling since he's basically his own boss.

I nodded, and sat across from him at the table.

"Hey Uncle Harry?" I asked. He looked up at me and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked, swallowing his food.

"How many nights does it take to count the stars?" I asked.

"Um.." He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"That's the time it would take to fix my heart if I don't have a strip of bacon." I said, eyeing his bacon.

Him and Dad started laughing at me, and I grinned. Uncle Harry chuckled again, but handed me a piece a bacon.

"Here." Uncle Harry said, shaking his head.

"Thanks. It'll heal a lot faster now." I said, winking at him.

"Are you sure she's your daughter?" Uncle Harry asked Dad.

"I don't know anymore." Dad said laughing.

"Hey Uncle Niall?" I said when he walked into the kitchen.

"What?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"How many nights does it take to count the stars?" I asked.

"Infinit-"

"That's the time it would take to fix my heart if I can't wear a hoodie of yours." I said, cutting him off from screaming the lyrics.

He laughed his Horan laugh, and nodded his head.

"That's a good one." He said, shaking his head.

"Is my heart going to take a long time to fix?" I asked.

"No, go get one." He said. I grinned and went up to his room to grab a hoodie.

I snuggled into it, and went back downstairs. I sat back in my seat and waited for Uncle Harry to finish.

"Ready to go?" Uncle Harry asked at that moment. I nodded and stood up.

"Bye Dad." I said, giving him a hug.

"Bye, love. See you after school." He said, hugging me and kissing my forehead.

I nodded and went to Uncle Harry's car. I sat in the passenger seat and we made our way to the school.

When we got there, he parked the car and we started to walk in the school.

"I'll see you after." Uncle Harry said, kissing my forehead and walking the other way.

I walked to my locker and saw Jack there. I grinned at him and started to open my locker.

"What's up?" I asked, putting my backpack away. He shrugged.

"Nothing really." I said, grabbing my text book.