Chapter 48

'I love you'

***

My mouth fell open a bit, and I stared at him in shock for a few seconds.

He loves me. But do I feel the same? Is that even a question?

"You do?" I asked, idiotically. If he didn't he wouldn't have said that.

"I do. And I've been meaning to tell you but I saved it for tonight." Jack said. I smiled a bit.

We've been dating close to five months. I feel the same way.

"I love you too." I said. He stared at me, and then picked me up and swung me around.

"I've been waiting to hear those words." He said, putting me down. I giggled, and smiled up at him.

"Well now you can hear them whenever." I said. He grinned and leaned down to give me a kiss.

He pulled away and kissed my nose. He pulled me in a hug and I sighed a happy sigh.

"I love you." Jack said. I grinned and looked up at him.

"I love you too."

***

"So, tell me everything that happened!" Aunt Perrie demanded the next morning.

Yesterday when I came in, she wanted to know what happened but I was too tired and happy to explain.

"The dance was amazing. We went out to eat at my favorite restaurant, and then went to the dance. It was sweet. We danced and did what others would do at homecoming." I said. Then I looked down and grinned.

"There's something you're not telling me." She said, holding out the 'e' in me.

"He said he loved me." I said, smiling. Her eyes widened. She squealed really loud, and jumped on me.

She hugged me tight, and I giggled. She got off me, and looked at me.

"And what did you say?" Aunt Perrie asked. I laughed and looked at her, shaking my head.

"I loved him back." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Awe! You guys are so cute!" She yelled. I smiled.

Her phone started to ring, and she looked at the screen and furrowed her eyebrows.

She held up a finger to me, and went to the kitchen.

What was that about?

Perrie's POV

"Hello?" I said into the phone. Why was he calling me?

"Can I ask you something?" He said.

"Zayn, why are you calling me?" I asked, tears coming up in my eyes.

I still don't understand why he broke up with me.

"I need to ask you something!" He said. I sighed.

"What?" I asked, placing a hand on the counter and leaning against it.

"Why would you go against our wishes and let Evelyn go to homecoming?" Zayn asked.

"How..." I trailed off. How in the world would they know?

"Don't try to lie, Perrie. Harry is the principal if you forgot that." He said, sighing.

Son of a bitch.