Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 3

Here we go with Chapter 3 :) a bit shorter than the others but oh well, hopefully it's good.
Introducing Landon Baxter portrayed by Chris Pine :D  (Evelyn Dawn- Lucy Hale and Claire Baxter-  Bridgit Mendler)
The video link is 'Keep Your Head Up' by Andy Grammer

This just in: I made a few changes to Evelyn's POV. ;)

ENJOOOOOOOOOY!!
comment, like, vote, promote, etc.

~Landon~

My mind was still reeling of the events of the last week. If this was any other case, any other person, I wouldn’t even think twice about what went on in the person’s life. Usually, I casted it aside and rated it as unimportant.

With Travis though, it was different. From the start, I never saw him as someone I could maybe sleep with for one night. Even with his geeky glasses and his shy personality, I only cared about getting to know the person underneath.

I was thankful that today was a Friday so I had the whole day to do whatever I wanted. Travis and I basically completed the assignment and were planning to give it in on Tuesday.

I pulled out my phone an scrolled through my contact list. I paused on Travis’ name and clicked on it.

Care to join me tonight for a movie? My treat
-L

I hit send and pocketed my phone. I was sure that Travis wouldn’t reply immediately. The last I heard of him, he was on his way t pick up his other siblings. One from the middle school and the other from the elementary school a few streets over.

I picked up my bag from the lawn and walked across the courtyard to the parking lot. The school was mostly empty except for a few teachers and students staying for extra classes. I didn’t get very far before I heard my hone ringing. I smiled as I looked at the caller ID.

“Hey” I answered with a smile.

“Would it be a date?” I heard Travis’ voice on the other side.

“Wow, getting directly to the point.” I joked. I unlocked my car and got inside without turning on the engine.

“Answer me.”

I took a deep breath and sighed. “No, it wouldn’t be a date.”

“What? Why not?” I smiled. He probably thought that I would start asking him out again. I wanted to date him, but I would never force him. I had to settle with being his friend instead.

“Because it’s your decision whether you want to date me or not. I can’t demand that you go out with me. for now, I can deal with being your friend Travis. If that’s the only way I can have you, then I’ll take it. A little bit of you is better than nothing at all.” I wasn’t lying to him. Sure, it aggravated me that I had to go the extra mile when I was so used to just snapping my fingers.

I heard the sound of Travis breathing. He was silent for quite a while before he made even as much as a sound. I sat there, in my car patiently waiting for him to say something.

“Okay.” He said slowly. “If that’s the way things are going to be, I guess I could get on board with that plan.”

“You sound disappointed.”

“I’m not. You’ve changed.” He cleared his throat. “What time should I meet you tonight?”

“I’ll come pick you up.” I answered. “You can bring your siblings along if you want.”

“Really?” he sounded surprised. “Wouldn’t they be a bother?”

“Sure. They seem like cool kids. If you’re my friend, I want to get to know your brothers and sisters.”